Chapter 18 - Disclosure

Jim's POV :

Glad, Eila covered up the matter. But I must say, in each passing moment I am just getting more and more attracted to that inane girl. It feels different whenever she is around me. Seems like we both get inclined towards each other each time. The kiss was no different. Hard for me to even believe that I kissed someone. The first time was no different. I still find it hard to believe that I actually kissed her the very next day we met. I wonder how I got convinced so easily. Am I the same guy who maintains distance from girls and today kissed the girl who is driving me crazy each time I am with her. Admit or not I didn't want this moment to end. Wish this could last for an eternity. The innocence she bears in her eyes is something which makes her different from others. There is a innocent, childish girl hidden behind the specs and maybe that's the reason I can't stay away from her. Curve of smile shapes my lips at sight of her blushing and avoiding to look at me at the same time. Silly girl! But I think this closeness we shared, might bring a bridge of gap between us. Will she start maintaining distance from me afterwards?
Amidst this growing thoughts in my mind it's time to ride on the bus which is already waiting for us outside the airport. Soon the train of thought regarding Boston and the memories I had left behind begin to arise in my mind as I walk towards the bus. The seat I chose was beside the window in the 4th row and Eila was one row behind me sitting with Emi. Though I was expecting Sam or Keith beside me but instead I see Winnie takes the seat which I don't want. How can I refute on her face? Now I am left with no option but to sit here with Winnie. All I want is just to avoid her and her questions.
"Hey", Winnie waves and I reluctantly face her. "What's wrong? Why are you avoiding me?" She asks.

"What? I am not avoiding" I exclaim., though I am.

"Come on. I can see this clearly. You sat with Eila in the plane and I didn't like that at all. You know I love you still", she seems sort of accusing me for that. Is she mad! I sat with Eila because I wanted do. And I don't think it's necessary to inform her about what I like to do or not.

"The seat was already fixed", I say.

"Okay, I agree", she calm her expression and this time they take a questioning look, "But what is your answer? You still didn't tell me."

"What answer?" Though I know what she means but I don't wanna talk about it.

"Come on Jim. Don't act now. The day before you and your Mom left Boston, I proposed you and you didn't answer yet. You also didn't reply any of my text. Do you know how many messages I sent you everyday? You didn't reply a single one". It's not that Winnie is a bad girl or something but that fact is I am not attracted to her and I don't know how to explain this since as far as I have known her she's a complete spoilt brat of her dad and she is habituated to get what she demands. Love is not forcefully done. Though she has been forcing herself upon me since the very first day she joined my college in Boston no matter how much I tried to avoid her. And now again I don't know how to respond to her question. Last time I shifted to Virginia with Mom so there was no chance of facing her again but as thought she gets what she demands and I know she shifted in Virginia just for the attraction she has towards me. But now it's enough. It's time to let her know that I don't feel the same for her. 

"Winnie".

"Yes", her eyes just like shines up. I know that she'll be hurt by what I'll say now, but I need to say what I feel.

"I'm sorry. I know I was avoiding you all through the time but I'm sorry. I don't feel the same for you as you do", and finally I am relieved from the burden. She just keeps staring me for a few moment with blank expression on her face which tells me she's still trying to figure out what I just said. "Jim I love you", she finally breaks the silence. Her voice comes out rough, filled with pain. I know I have hurt her but this is the only thing I can do. "But I don't", I try to explain her.

"I came all the way from Boston and shifted here in Virginia just for you. Okay, let's make it clear. Do you love someone else?", she questions wiping off her rolling tears and this time there's a blaze of anger reflected in her eyes. Though she keeps her voice low.

"No, I don't", I'm confused with my answer.

"Then what's the problem with me?" Her voice is demanding.

"There's no problem with you Winnie. You are a good girl. The fact is, I don't love you."

"Then whom do you love?" Her patience is upsurging now.

"None. Please understand", I sit properly, "You will surely find someone who will love you wholeheartedly, but that person is not me", that's all I can say. Her eyes are still glued on me as if she wants to say something but restrains herself and gets up from the seat. Giving a last look at me, she turns around to go back. I don't know what she might be thinking right now but this is the truth. Though I'm having a slight guilt for hurting her but I think she'll understand after some time. Yet I fear that she might take any drastic step. I can only hope for the best right now. I decide to leave the matter and relax myself as I sit straight turning my face aside to look out the window. Mom was reluctant at first to send me here, in Boston again. But agreed since I wanted to and Eila's the reason for it. Soon after my eyes shift towards the apartment on the side as I looked outside the window and it passes by. I get up slightly to see it falling back. Just then a hand is placed on my shoulder from behind and I know whose is it. "You see that Sam?" I face him as he sits beside me, there are billions of emotion rupturing my mind. 

"Everything will be alright", Sam consoles.

"I promised Mom that one day I will get our house back", that was our home. The place I had the best memories of my life, where I grew up under the shield of Mom and Dad, the house in which we have faced our best and worst days.

"You will and I trust you in that", Sam presses a smile. This guy beside me, is more than just a cousin brother.

"But Sam", I look at him with a pause, "Thank you. Thank you for all you and Jordan has done for me and Mom", though mere thank you is not enough to say. After Dad's suicide and bankruptcy it was Jordan, Sam's father and my Dad's younger brother who supported our family. Mom had a hard time managing Dad's drowning business. Bank sealed our house and Mom started her own cafeteria, which Jordan helped to set up.

"Come on. Don't say that. We are bros okay! I have seen you and Jennifer suffer through the past years."

"You know Sam, those things still floats in front of my eyes. How all these years Mom struggled to get our house back but failed. Actually she was not even ready to leave Boston but finally got convinced by your Mom and Dad", and I'm thankful that she got convinced since there's nothing left for us in Boston.

"By the way it's good in a way that you both shifted here in Virginia and Jennifer, aka auntie", his sarcastic smile again, "Started her cafeteria here because you see it's good to be near own people. Here we are together", Sam acknowledges and he's right.

"You're right", I chuckle.
"But I can't forget the person behind all these turmoils in our life", my face turns grim, "That man destroyed my family, destroyed everything", I turn away my face to avoid him. "Mr. David D'Souza", I face him again, "He framed Dad in bankruptcy. I hate his name. I hate that man, his family, his everything", anger erupts in my nerves as I remember him. I have never seen him, I just heard about him and his ugly plots. Years back he framed my Dad stealing the documents of Project Midas. I am disgusted even by the thought of that man.

"Relax. I know. Don't think all these now. Just leave it", Sam cuts off my thoughts and diverts the topic," By the way we are gonna have a great time here with all, right?"

"I think so", I reply as I shut the thinking of past in my mind and decide to concentrate on present. 

______________________________
(So this is the first chapter with Jim's point of view. I hope you are liking it. Let me know folks if you feel anything.)