Chapter 56 - Not Same

It's 8 in the morning. I jump out of my bed and open my cupboard to select a dress since I'll be visiting his Mom today. I'm confused what to wear. I can't decide this. "Emi wake up", I go and stand by the side of her bed where she's sleeping. But God she isn't responding. I shouldn't disturb her. She must be tired, also she slept late last night. I again walk to my cupboard. I gaze at each and every outfit of mine, still unable to decide. Should I call Jim? No this would seem too lame of me. After gazing for a while I finally come up with a maroon sweat-shirt and black leggings accompanied by a set grey muffler and a woolen cap of same colour, design is like the pink favorite cap of mine. I brush my teeths and immediately take a shower after which I get ready in my chosen clothes. I don't go for tying up my hair, I leave it open, also no heavy makeup since I don't like such. Getting down I see Katherine auntie is making toasts with omelette and I serve myself one. "You are up early", Auntie exclaims as she pours a glass of water for me.

"Yeah", I reply still focusing myself of finishing the food. But damn! I didn't tell her about Jim. Shit! I am about to meets Jim's Mom but I didn't tell auntie anything about this. The stress lines are getting completely visible on my face and I wonder how should I start. John is not around, I guess he left for office early today. Well Eila, you need to say her. I gather up myself, "Auntie", she turns back as she was heading towards kitchen. "I need to tell you something", my voice is getting shaky now.

"Yeah, tell", she comes forward near me.

"Actually..", I don't know how to start.

"What happened? Is there any problem?" Auntie holds my shoulder and takes the chair beside me as she's facing me with concern.

"I wanted to say that... I'm dating someone." I just said that! As soon as my words are out I find her face adorning a mixed expression. "You're dating?" She's in a shock?

"Hmm".

"Whom? Who is he? Where he lives? How did you both meet? Is he in your college? Or you met hi during the tour? Is he good?" Oh no! She's asking so many questions. I know she's concerned for me.

"Relax. I'm telling everything", I sit properly and take her hand upon mine."

"Tell me".

"His name is Jim. Jim D'Cruz. U know Sam? He's Sams' cousin. We met in college. He shifted in Virginia from Boston in December", I finally explain while she's trying to gulp the infos I just mentioned. "Trust me he's good", I give a soft press on her hand. Yet she's silent.

"Even Eliana thought that David was good", her words pinch straight into my heart and my grip loosens on her hand. My eyes are reflecting an unknown melancholy as I remember Mom and Dad. "Eila", this time auntie holds my hand. "You mean a lot to me. I love you just like I love Emi, in fact more. I can't bear you to get hurt just like Eliana got", she exclaims in her soft motherly affection. I am still deluged in the thoughts. Jim and David are not same. Jim will never hurt me. I know this and I'm equanimous about this. I shake off my ruffle thoughts and look straight into her eyes.

"Jim is not same as David. He's different. He made me believe in Love", I say all that's in my mind. "He'll never hurt me", I assure while she keeps staring at me. "I want you to meet him once. I'm sure you'll get convinced." This time her look softens and she agrees, "I hope your trust comes true."

"It will", and I'm infallible. "I'll bring him home today", I inform though I should've talked to Jim once but I know he'll agree, and it's good that we do things in one day.

"Okay, when?" She grins.

"Actually now I am going to visit his Mom", I inform in a mild tone.

"Huh?"

"Yeah".

"Why didn't you tell me early?"

"I didn't get the chance", I actually didn't get the chance. "I'm sorry", I hold my ears dramatically which finally makes her smile, "It's okay. So you're ready?"

"Yeah", I give a look self glance at me.

"You're looking great by the way. You should also bring a gift for his Mom", auntie suggests. Well, I didn't think of this.

"Gift?"

"Yeah. Buy a bouquet of white lilies. I'm sure she'll love them", she suggests and it's not a bad idea I guess. 

"Okay. Noted", I act. "After that I'll bring Jim here, to make him meet you", I guess that'll be fine.

"Okay. Then I should cook something yummy", auntie grins and I'm glad she's getting normal regarding him.

"As you wish master", I act forwarding my hand in front of me as I bow my head which makes her gush. "I should go now. I'm getting late", I inform and drink a glass of water before getting up from the chair and towards the door when I hear auntie saying from behind, "Best of Luck", I turn back to offer a grin and finally head out. I walk to the nearest flower shop which is just a few steps ahead of my house and buy a bouquet of white lilies after which I get into the bus and reach near Sam's house. I know Sam's home and beside his there's a beautiful white painted home with brown roof, same as his. I guess that's Jim's house as I can see a board on top of a seperate one storied small building attached two the duplex house which writes "Have A Cup" with a picture of hot coffee beside. That's his cafe! Before entering I call Jim and ask him to come downstairs as I think it would be better if he takes me in. When he finally arrives I go near a give a warm hug to him. Though it's not been much time but it feels like I'm hugging him after so long. That bosom charismatic feeling is flooding me all over. I love being with him!

(There are more two next.)