Chapter 71 - Bound With Love

Eila's POV :

I open my eyes to see it's Jim sitting beside me. I hastily get up but is this true? Is he really in front of me or am I dreaming? I don't know from where but all my tears are flushing down my eyes in full stream. I try touching his face when he holds my hand tight.

"You came?" I don't know what all to say. I am out of words. Is he still angry with me? Why is he here? There are many complications that are currently running down my mind but I don't know how to sum them up in words.

"I'm sorry", is what he says next.

"Sorry? For what?" Why is he saying sorry!

"For behaving like this", he holds my palm more tightly, "I am really sorry". He's crying.

"No. Why are you saying sorry?" I try cupping his face.

"I behaved wrong. It was not your fault yet I blamed you and distanced you from me", he's saying it all wrong.

"No. This was not your fault. Anyone would have done the same. David ruined your whole life and I am related to him", I say since I can't deny what's true.

"But you were not the one at fault still I blamed you. Are you angry at me?" His voice is so tender right now.

"How can I ever be angry on you", I immediately hug him as tight as I can and so does he.

"I love you Eila", I was craving to hear this from him and now I feel I got my life back.

"I love you too Robo", I kiss the side of his face. He embraces me tighter and soon his hands reach the lower part of my back which makes me groan in pain. So I forgot that I have cancer and my happiness is not gonna last long. This thought is breaking me from the inside. Why this had to happen?

"What happened?" He asks with concern upon releasing. He doesn't know yet. How can I tell him about this? He'll be broken. I don't want things to go wrong right now. I don't want this moment to get spoiled.

"Nothing", I say though it's paining a lot. I just got my bone marrow tests done today and this pain is killing me. Words aren't enough to describe this. This backbone pain is the worst.

"No. Tell me what happened? You back is aching?"

"No. It's nothing", I can't keep hiding this. He will know this and he has to know this. I wish we hadn't reconciled. I wish he didn't come here. I wish he had hated me. As much as I want him with me, the same much I want him to go away from me. I don't say anything further. I don't know what to say.

"Turn around. Let me see", he demands. But I don't move, I don't dare to show him and make him know the truth. I sit still trying to avoid his gaze. "What happened? Why aren't you moving?" He asks and then he moves behind me to pull the thin fabric of my t-shirt up. "Why is this place bandaged?" His voice is turning more serious and filled with disquiet. I stay numb with my falling tears. He comes in front and holds my shoulders to ask again.

I'm failing to let my voice out. I don't have the strength to tell him. "Please tell me", he comes closer.

"I have cancer", I finally let my words out. He gets perplexed for a bit but the next moment seems unaffected.

"Don't joke. Did you fell down somewhere and got hurt?" He is not taking me seriously but the tension lines are visible on his face.

Jim's POV :

I'm sure she's joking. She's trying to make me a fool but I'm also not gonna believe her. This is her habit to do fun.

"I'm not joking. This is what it's shown in my CBC reports. I have Leukemia and today I just got done with my bone marrow test to know the stage of my cancer", she repeats in a dreadful voice. But this can't be true. How can she have cancer? She was fine, she was completely alright.

"What are you saying? This can't be true. There might be something wrong with the reports. We will do the test again", my voice is shivering. Reports might be wrong.

"They are not", she states in a stressed voice. "They are not. It's confirmed", Eila breaks down. My whole body is going motionless. It's getting frozen. I avoid my eyes with her while there is cramping pain in my chest. I am getting cold creeps. My mind has gone blank. I feel nothing. I'm still finding it hard to believe her words. No, this is not true.

"Say something", she holds my face to make me look at her but I don't do. I can't face her. Cancer is not easy to deal with and I can't even think of losing her. And what makes this worse is I was not present with Eila that day when she got her reports. I can never forgive myself for this. I should've been with her in the hospital that day rather than being at the bar with Winnie. "Hey. Look at me", she cries trying to make me face her and this time tears are running from my eyes too.

"You'll be alright", is what I just say upon hugging her tight but this time more carefully. "We'll go to the best cancer specialist and everything will be fine", I will take her to the best doctor. I don't know what to do or say next. I just want to hold her like this and never let her go.

Just then the door to her room opens and we release to see Emi standing on the opposite side. She turns on the light and stands shocked to see me.

"Jim!" Both Eila and I rub our eyes and face her. She doesn't say anything, just es to engulf what all happened or is happening. After a few moments of silence she speaks, "Okay. You guys stay here. I'll go downstairs to the living area. And Eila, don't worry Mom and Dad are asleep and I'll check that no one comes in your room", I'm glad she understood us since I don't wanna leave right now. I want to stay with her.

"Thanks", Eila says to Emi while he passes a warm grin before closing the door and turning off the light.

"Is it paining too much?" I ask facing Eila.

"Hmm. Really too much", her face is all pale. She needs to rest.

"Lie down and sleep", I state but she doesn't move. "You lie beside me". I stare at her for a bit but then eventually take the place beside him. Eila then rests her head on my arm facing me. I am breaking from inside but I don't want this break down in front of her. "Are you comfortable", I ask since I don't want any pressure to fall on her back.

"Hmm".

"When will the reports arrive?"

"Within a week".

"And when the treatment will start?"

"Just after the arrival on the reports".

"Everything will be fine", I pull her closer.

"Good night Robo", she smiles.

"Sleep tight", I force a smile on my face.

"And don't let the bedbugs bite". Soon he falls asleep. She was too tired and weak. I am still awake. I am unable to sleep. I don't know what'll happen next but the thing is sure that I'm gonna do every possible thing to make her well and she'll be alright. I can't change what happened and I was not with her when she needed me the most but now I am never gonna leave her. Never!

(Happyyy?)