Chapter 39 - Enigma

'Sometimes our present merges with the past...
                        And divulges everything which we thought to never last.'

Who thought after years all on a sudden I will come across my past? A mere coincidence is something we say to calm our restless mind which finds this more of an enigma to be unveiled. But this is what is seems. I wanna stop this running wrangle in my mind which is incessantly trying to link up this coincidence with my dream. 

"Will you forgive me for what I did?" His voice is more guilt driven. Yet I know, I may never forgive this person in front of me. He deserves this suffering, in fact he deserves more.

"Eila", I turn aside to see Jim calling me out from a distance with a questioning look on his face. After he comes near me, for a moment he stares at my Dad and then turns to me,"Who's he?"

"My Dad", my reply is plain sailing to which he keeps looking at me with a mixed expression on his face trying to figure out my state of mind. He knows that I hate my Dad and prolly for this reason he is not saying anything further while David keeps staring at both of us. "We should go", I notice David's face turning dull with my leaving. I feel he wanted me to stay yet he knows he doesn't have this right anymore to stop me. 

"Okay", Jim gives a last glance at David as we both turn around to leave.

Jim's POV  :

I don't know what's the reason behind Eila's father leaving them or what went wrong between them but right now I don't wanna bother her asking these questions since she's still not in her mood. I believe when she finds this necessary she'll tell me everything. 

"You want some coffee?" I ask making her sit on a bench beside the Ferris Wheel.

"Yeah", she replies in a minimal tone avoiding my gaze.

"You wait here".

Going near the coffee booth I get hold of two cups of coffee after passing the money. 

"Excuse me", I hear from behind the moment I turn around taking a step forward to leave. I again turn back only to find the man to be Eila's father. While I wonder why he stopped me. But I notice him picking up my wallet from the ground. I guess it fell while I was putting it back in my pocket. I go near him while he keeps looking at the photo inside my wallet after picking it up as it falls open. There's a picture of my Mom and Dad on one side and on the other side it's of me and Eila which was clicked today. 

"They are?" He asks indicating my parents picture.

"My Mom and Dad", I reply wondering why is he asking this while he keeps staring at the photo. 

"Oh and you're Eila's boyfriend?" He questions with a mixed expression on his face.

"Yeah".

"I'm Eila's father. Da..", I cut him off since I know this.

"I know".

"You know me? I mean Eila mentioned earlier about me and everything?" He questions mysteriously. I don't wanna be rude to him since I don't know much about their family matters.

"Not much. She just said she doesn't like you and I hope you'll not bother her any further".

"I see. You don't know about me and all", he still keeps staring at me and the picture of my parents with a look on his face which I just fail to understand. "You love her a lot?"

"Eila? I love her more than anyone", I guess he just wanna interrogate his daughter's boyfriend.

"I hope you'll always take good care of her", he smiles at me.

"I will. Always", I assure him since no matter what this can't be denied that he's her father.

"I know you will", he pauses,"until you know the truth", he mutters the last sentence which leaves me wondering.. what is he talking about?

"Sorry, I didn't get you", I speak blankly as to I can't figure out what is he talking about. What truth should I know?

"Nothing. I wish you both luck", and he passes me my wallet which I get hand of after placing the coffee on the chamber. After I keep my wallet back in my pocket and get hold of my coffee I see he's gone. I guess he just said that not meaning anything. Without wasting any second further I go near Eila and sit beside her on the bench.

"Here's your coffee", she takes it and stares at the ground for a while before putting it on the other side of the bench and suddenly hugs me tight. Immediately I place my coffee cup on the beside me on the bench hugging her back. I know she's stressed right now.

"Why are you crying?" I notice she's crying now.

"I don't wanna see him again", she says while trying to hold back her tears to which I lift her face up and remove her glasses. 

"I don't like it when you cry and you know this", I wipe her tears, "Let's go from here. It's already late."

"Will you ever leave me?" She looks into my eyes.

"Why do you ask this again?" I will never leave her. She again me this question twice today. T guess it's because her Dad left her so she's fears I might leave her too which I can never do.

"I love you", she hugs me to which I hug her back, "I love you too. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I can't even think of leaving you." 

.  .  .

Eila's POV :

We already reached the resort but others are not back yet. I am finally trying to get over my dream and the encounter with my Dad. I don't want my past to ruin my present moments. Maybe I was just overthinking about all these which I don't wanna do anymore.

"Sam's not back yet and so are others. So...", Jim smirks.

"So.. what?" I give a questioning look at him.

"You can sleep in my room if you want", he smirks to which I narrow my eyes at him adorning a smile on my face.

"No. Thank you. I have my room", I act and we both laugh at the same time. "Now go. Good night".

"Sleep tight" and he leans closer. Luckily we are in the corridor and no one's here right now.

"And sleep well, alright?" I laugh while he cups my face slowly kissing my temple.

"You too. Bye". We both turn to opposite directs to go to our respective rooms still turning back again and again only to find we both are smiling. Finally, the breakage comes... haha.. I mean I need to turn left before which I give a last look at him to see him going. In front of my rooms door I find Winnie standing there crossing her hand over her chest. Was she waiting for me? As I approach near she releases her hand and turns to me. For a moment we both stare at each other when she finally says,"Eila, I need to talk to you."

"Let's go inside first" and I open the door of my room. We both sit on the bed facing each other.

"I'm sorry", Winnie says facing me. But why is she saying sorry?

"Huh? Why?"

"I realized that Jim loves only you and it was me coming in between you both", no, that's not the case. It was not her fault.

"You don't have to say sorry. It was not your fault", I place my palm on her hand, "The situation was such."

"Let's leave everything behind and start new", she smiles and I can't be happier. I'm glad that I got my friend back and things are all at place now.

( A/N :  Mystery Mystery...)