Chapter 10 - Tangled

Why am I crying again? I decided not to cry again over this matter. But right now I can't resist myself. Mom, I need you, please come back to me. Right now, I'm craving for her, I want her beside me. Even though I know, she can't be here but I need her. I want her back to me, lie down on her lap forgetting everything and just sleep peacefully with no fear, no stress, no worries. But life... life is never fair, at least not with me. Actually now I'm just habituated with these ups and downs and unjust plans of destiny. Wiping the tears off my face I walk towards the window looking at the sky. Luckily Emi's sleeping and I don't have to face her right now. As I look at the sky it feels like the sky is embracing me with all its love and affection, accepting all my pain and attempting to relax me and of course it succeeded. I stand near the window for a while and then notice it's almost 2 am and too late for bed. Since I have my classes tomorrow so with no intention to wake up late in the morning and miss my class I go for sleeping.

In the morning I wake up in just time in spite of sleeping late last night but I have got my eyes swollen maybe coz of crying too much and also for sleeping late. But thankfully I have my specs at my rescue which will somewhat prevent others from noticing my eyes properly. While getting ready for college I remember to check my phone if Jim has accepted my friend request or not. I quickly search for my phone which I find on the bed beside the pillow, I quickly log into my account Iand yeah as expected he did not accept it yet. I'm not so sad since I already expected this to happen but I'm there's still something bothering me. Anyway, while packing my bag I notice Emi has few pair of stickers which she got with her new color pencils as she loves painting. I take a look at all the stickers and of them I really like one which has a small boy and girl holding hands. I find this kind of cute, so I ask Emi if I can take that and yeah there was no question of refusing and I stick it on the back of my pencil box.

In class I sit beside Jim as usual. Al through the time I was just wondering whether I should ask Jim if he has seen my friend request or not but as usual I lack courage. Hanging in my own dilemma I finally decide to ask him."Jim", and he just turns at me without saying anything. "I sent you friend request on Facebook. Have you seen it?"

"No. Actually I am not that much active on FB", he replies. " Are you okay?"

I am shocked, why is he suddenly asking me this question. "Yeah. Why?"

"No its just your eyes seem swollen", and he said humbly with a clear sign of visible concern on his face which gripped my heart for a moment. He cares!

"That's nothing", I reply hastily to avoid the matter. "I slept late last night", I force a smile on my face. But I was really touched by what he said because he's the only person to notice this. While we are talking about this Mrs.Kate comes and introduces a new student, Winnie Smith. Her light brown mild curly hair suits just perfect with her blue eyes. I must admit she's beautiful, in fact really beautiful dressed in a georgette top, black jacket and jeans.
Introducing her before the class she says to Winnie," Go sit beside Rochelle there, in front of Jim." Actually the seat beside Rochelle is blank and maybe that's why she easily understood about which seat Mrs.Kate is saying because after teacher mentions she immediately walks toward the seat. Sitting on her seat Winnie wave Rochelle and me cordially and we respond humbly. She seems really friendly! Soon after Winnie turns back at Jim and says, "Hey, we're again together." Hearing so Jim just looks at her and doesn't say anything nor does he give any expression.

"Do you both know each other?" Rochelle asks and I wonder the same.

"Yes. I was in Babson College with him", she replies smiling. Then she turns at me introducing herself and asks my name. "I'm Eila" I reply with a warm smile.
Soon after I notice that Winnnie bonded quite well with Rochelle. Later I notice her constantly turning back at Jim to talk to him but Jim ignores her and doesn't respond much. Amidst all this, half of our hectic schedule gets over. There's still time for next lecture. So me and Sarah head towards the college canteen since I'm really hungry. On the way we find Steph and Kim gossiping about Winnie and Jim. Its that Steph thinks Winnie to be in love with Jim and as per their assumption Winnie shifted in this college just because of Jim. Somehow I find they were exaggerating the matter and it would seem hurtful to Winnie if she hears so. "Why are you both making up stories? Winnie is new in our class. Don't you think she'll be hurt if she hears such on her very first day."

"Yeah. Stop it you both." Sarah agrees with me.

"We were just saying what we felt", Kim exclaims. Steph and Kim are best friends. I have known them since high school. Both the curly haired girls are always like this. Their stupid assumptions and gossips about others is something I don't like about them apart from the fact that they are actually nice to be friends with.

"But you shouldn't right? They might just be friends and if she hears, she'll be hurt", I humbly try to explain them. While we are busy regarding the matter Winnie joins us since she's also going towards the canteen. We three eventually walk to the canteen accompanied by Rochelle and Emi on the way. It's just a day but I think I am not wrong to say that in our girls gang of four; me , Emi, Sarah and Rochelle, Winnie is the fifth member because we bonded quite well with Winnie in the meantime.