Chapter 76 - Complexities

We sit in different cars to reach our destinations.
I reach the hospital to receive my Chemo while they went to attend the graduation ceremony. I didn't sit for the final exams. Or I should say I couldn't. My brain is not supporting me these days. The body pain, headache and all time this nauseatic feeling didn't just cooperate me with my studies for which I decided to sit next year for the exam only if... I stay alive. So the concluding part is, I am officially junior to them and my friends are now my seniors.

The nurse inject the slaine just when Jim video calls me. I tuck the earphones in and receive the call. "You reached?"

"Yeah. It's gonna start now". He shows me the decorations and all. Indeed everything's looking beautiful. I'm missing all these and of course them. I wish I was present there.

The ceremony starts with the speeches, some performances and now they are distribution the certificates. Soon Jim's name is called. He passes the phone to Sam who turns the camera towards Jim so that I'm able to see his receiving the honour. A proud moment! My face automatically shapes into a wide pleasant grin.

I am so so proud of him from what he has achieved at such a young age. Oh, did I mention that his new cafe is already open in Boston and doing a really really great business. I wish he always succeeds like this in whatever he does. At present he is associated with some other businessmen regarding the set up of a restaurant. I hope he cracks the deal and fulfill all his dreams. By this I remember to add that he already bought back his dad's house in Boston which was ceased by the bank. He vowed to get it back and he finally did. He passed it to Jennifer a gift. That was the best moment for Jennifer. They have a lot of memories attached to that home which was shattered because of David. But there's no point in dragging the past now and I'm proud of him for coming this far.

Amidst this the convocation ceremony ends and so does my Chemo. I get back home where my friends come to visit me. They are looking so decent and formal today, I must say. "Woah. So you guys seems a bit decent today", I tease. "And yeah except Jim. Because he looks decent and handsome everyday", well am I flirting in front of all. I see him chuckle at my words.

They all pas a shitty look at me when Sam states, "I see. So Jim is the only decent guy here and we came from garbage right?" He makes a face which makes me laugh.

"You got that right", I tease with a wink.

"That's not fair. You are openly flirting with Jim and here I'm missing Jack", here goes Rochelle again. Well, Jack transferred in Virginia last month. Due to some paperwork he had to go back two days back. Hopefully he'll be coming within a week. But Rochelle is so restless to meet him again.

So now starts everyone's different path of life to different destinations. But no matter what we are never gonna change and our friendship will always remain the same. We have come a long way together and we still have a very long way to go. Every moment with them is a precious gift in my life. Friends like them actually make life a little more beautiful.

"How's Winnie?" I suddenly remember to ask.

"Good I guess. She actually distanced herself from us all. Though she talked to me and Rochelle often but that's all", Sarah states and I can understand. I guess we were just meant to come this far. As far as I know she didn't talk to Jim since that day we both reconciled back. I know she's hurt, in fact a lot and that's the reason for her change. Sometimes we can't just blame people for the change because we are the actual reason behind it.
I just hope she stays fine and find someone who'll love her with all of his.

2 months later :

I'll get my texts results today in order to know if there is any improvement. I am feeling so nervous since morning and the tension is visible in everyone else's face too. Such situations are really weird in life when we all are facing the same stress, same fear still we can't blurt them out.

Alen is supposed to come home today with my reports. I must say he is a really great and cooperative doctor. To be honest, he's become more like a friend to me. Auntie is constantly seeing around the doorway to know if Alen has come or not.

Within the next few moments Alen finally arrives when John makes him comfortable in the living room. Jim is also here. We all gather to know what he has to say. John and auntie sits on the sofa in front of him while Jim and I stand at a corner along with Emi in the other side.
"You brought the reports?" Jim asks.

"Oh yeah". His face is a bit dull than I expected. What's wrong? I am getting negative vibes now. I hope it comes fine. But there is a whole ocean of doubt at a corner of my heart.
Alen bring out the paper from the envelope and after staring at it for a moment he finally faces Jim, then others and then he looks at me. Letting out a breath he speaks, "The reports are here. Well, I really... I'm sorry to say. I didn't expect this", I think I guessed it before.
"We were hoping for some improvement with the chemotherapies but I'm sorry to say ber body is not responding well. We are left with no other option but to do the bone marrow transplant procedure. It's the only way and it's urgent." I stand reaction less. I don't act. I already said I had doubt and I think I was prepared for this. But what about the donor!

"Is there no other option?" Auntie asks.

"I wish there was. We shouldn't waste time and find a suitable donor as early as possible. Only 3 more chemos after which we need to do the transplant", Alen is also stressed and I can guess this seeing his face.

"None of blood group mattes with her. Her blood group is AB negative, which is rare", Emi states.

"Yeah. This is making it more difficult. I'll check is someone from hospital, or the patients can be a donor or not. Only matching of blood group won't work, we need to do a proper testing". Can I really find a donor and if not then...!

(Trust me, the next few chapters are gonna set a whole new example of Love
Don't miss the ending.)