Chapter 47 - Undeniable Fact

I change my clothes into a simple black t-shirt and pant accompanied by my denim jacket. This jacket is my favorite, to be honest. Tying up my hair into a simple messy bun, I pack my things and dresses back in my luggage when Emi comes and I remember to ask her if she went out yesterday since Winnie told me that.

"Eila", she addresses me before I can ask anything while I'm zipping my luggage and she's putting on her makeup.

"Yeah".

"Why did you go out yesterday?" 

"Emi", I go near her, "Before that I need to ask you something. Did you go out last day?"

"Huh? Where?" She sounds confused.

"I mean, in the afternoon. When it was snowing, there was the news of the storm?"

"No. Why? And why did you go?" Emi didn't go out. Did Winnie lie to me? My eyes are focused on the ground when Emi shakes me by my arm. "I'll come back right away", I avoid her and go out of my room to find Jim. I go to his room first but he's not in there, as I look around the aisle I see him talking to Winnie, he's getting irate on her. As I approach near I hear, "I swear I saw Emi going out", Winnie exclaims.

"But Emi said she didn't", I say in the middle of their conversation while they both turn at me, immediately after which Jim focuses his eyes back on her, "Why did you lie? I never thought you'll step so low!"

"You think I deliberately made Eila go out in the storm?" Her voice is filled with sting. I don't know what has gone wrong. Emi won't lie to me and Winnie's sounding too depressed over the fact.

"Yes. Else you should have tried to stop her at least. If not that you should've informed me or others. But you didn't", Jim inculpates.

"I told her not to go out and I thought she'll be back soon. I didn't know the situation will get worse", she tries hard to elucidate and I think she's not lying. There's sure some misunderstanding.

"Jim. I think there's some misunderstanding", and Winnie nods with me.

"But I don't trust her", he gazes at Winnie before focusing his eyes on mine when Emi appears, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Emi", Winnie goes near her, "I saw you going out last day".

"When?" She sounds confused while me and Jim just stare at their conversation unable to figure out what's the actual problem.

"In the afternoon", Winnie tries to remind her, "You were doing something with your phone and hurriedly went out, I tried to ask but you went in urgency".

"Yeah", Emi blurts, "I did go out but I came back. Tacker called me that he wanted to show something ungently and as I went out I see it's the snowman he made". So Winnie's not lying. Emi just forgot about that. "I'm sorry I forgot to mention that."

"See. I was not lying. Now do you trust me?" Winnie says facing Jim while he seems confused over the whole matter and so am I. This is getting complicated. 

"When did you come back?" Jim asks.

"After 5-10 mins", Emi replies, "But what happened? Why do you all seem so serious?"

"Didn't you see her coming back?" Jim again questions Winnie.

"No. If I had seen, then why would I tell Eila that she was out?" Winnie exclaims and this time she's not lying. There's a clear sign on pain visible on her face as her eyes are glued on Jim and I know, this is because of his blaming her for the whole misunderstanding. 

"This was all a misunderstanding. Let's leave the matter now", I stand near Jim placing my palm on his shoulder. 

"Trust me", Winnie comes near, her eyes still focused on him with a certain kind of agony reflected in them.