Chapter 38 - Confrontation

My phone rings and I bring it out from my pant pocket only to find it's Katherine aunty. "I should take this call", I say Jim and go to a silent place since it's too noisy here.

"How are you baby? I hope you guys are doing well there."  Aunty says from the other side.

 "I'm good. How are you? And how's Uncle? I hope things are fine there." 

"Everything's alright here. I was worried for you and Emi. I tried calling Emi but she's not picking up." 

"Actually we are at an amusement park right now. It's too noisy here. So I think she didn't hear the ring."

"I guess. But take care you both. I don't know but I'm not feeling good today. I'm worried for you." 

"Don't worry. Everything's fine and I'm completely alright."  

"Good then take care of yourself and Emi. I should hang up now. Bye."

"Bye."

She's always like this. She worries too much. By the way, I'm here! I never noticed when I came here. It's the last end of the amusement park and quite dark. Though lights are coming from a distance but still this place looks kind of horrifying. I should better go. Jim must be searching for me. I turn back to go but.... my feet stops. I.. I am getting cold feet. There's a silhouette. Like the one I dreamed about. It's dark, I can't see the face. With trembling feet I take steps ahead hoping it not be him. As I go forward the it's getting visible but not properly. I can see him. I can see him now. It's not him. God! It's not David D'Souza. Placing my palm on my chest I let out a sigh of relief as I find it to be some other man who now brings out a cigarette and lighter from his pocket. I guess he came here to smoke as this place is quiet and not crowded. I can't explain how much relieved I'm feeling right now. I think I'm still having the hangover of my dream. I should better stop about it. As I bring out my phone to call Jim, I collide with someone since I was not looking forward. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry", I begin to say as I try to get hold of my phone which was about to fall from my hand. I look up to face the person..... No. This can't be true. I wonder if it's my mere imagination or I'm actually seeing him in front of me. How come... He's here! He's not like the one I saw in my dream. He's in a black leather jacket and got age wrinkles on his face though his beard is still the same stubble one. There's a bit grey shade getting on his hair now. "David D'Souza",I mutter under my breathe.

For a moment he stares at me,"You..". My Dad is in front of me but I am not happy. I am not happy to see the person who killed my Mom. I don't know if he recognized me or not. I don't want him to know who I am. "Eila?" He recognized me! "You are Eila?"

"I...", I don't know what to say. "Dad", why? Why did I have to call him Dad!

"You have grown up", he seems happy! "My God! I never thought I would see you again but you.. you resemble just like you mother. The same eyes, same facial composure. Everything!", so he remembers my Mom!

"Yeah. My Mom. The person whom you killed", my voice comes out more hard, more painful. 

"What? Eliana died?" Woah! Is he really acting to be dumb? But he indeed seems shocked to hear this.

"Huh? You don't know! Oh yeah. How would you know because you left us! And you are the one who killed her", I blame but he still seems shocked. God! Why is he acting now?

"I.. I didn't kill her. How did this happen?" He questions and there's a sign on grief on his face. No Eila. Not again.

"Don't you remember? That day... You pushed her down the stairs and left her for dying. You didn't turn back to help rather you fled away", he just stares at me.

"She died that day?", his voice comes out low with a tone of agony.

"Not that day. But she went to coma. After 9 months of struggling she... she died. Because of you. She died for all the physical and mental tortures you have done to her." Tear rolls down my eyes as I again remember the memories of my dark past. 

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I never meant that to happen", he's sorry? Now he's sorry after everything is over.

"You used to torture her every single day", I blame again.

"I'm sorry Eila. What I did was wrong and I admit it . Trust me I am repenting. I am repenting every single day", he thinks I'll believe him? 

"You think I'll trust you?" How ironic!

"I know I don't deserve it anymore. I made a mistake that I never recognized Eliana's love for me. I could never be a good father nor a good husband. Maybe that's the reason I am suffering now", what does he mean by he's suffering now?

"What do you mean?"

"I fled with Diana taking all the money of the company hoping to restart a new life in Stowe", Diana? I remember she was the woman he brought home. "But.. ", he pauses looking below at the ground.

"But after I started a restaurant business in here, she took my signatures on the ownership papers making everything on her name and... left me", he looks up to face me,"and now see, I'm here, working as an ordinary man with a minimal wage in this amusement park", I don't know how to react. He is my father but I am not feeling sad for what happened to him. As said, You reap what you sow.

"This is what you deserve", my word comes out more rude than I expected them to be.

(Hi all. I know I know another typical A/N . But I wanna share this with u guys. Like I mentioned earlier about my new book "Summer Records" , now I decided that to be a novel based on culture of Bangladesh. "Till The End" is based on American culture. So I think "Summer Records" should be based on the culture of my own country. Though at first I thought that to be on American background but I dropped that idea since as an author I believe I should represent my country cultures in my book and trust me that's gonna be a lot more interesting, a lot more fun. I hope you all to stick with me like you are doing now. I promise you won't be disappointed at all. Let me know what you feel.

Also check out the new chapters of Till The End and keep showering you love hitting the star icon. Oh yeah, it's a double update today! Check out the next chap.)