Chapter 29 - Peduncles of Red Rose

The boy I love is in front of me holding me tight yet I am unable to gather strength to confess my feelings for him. Life's indeed weird. Sometimes we want a thing so desperately but after we get a chance to hold it , we lose our strength.
I wanna say every single thing I feel for him but an unknown fear is constantly pulling me back. 

Jim perhaps realized my feelings and cupping my face he says leaning closer, "Go and take rest. If you need anything just tell me. I'll come. Okay?" He doesn't ask me any question. He asks nothing. He just calmed my mind and gave me another reason to fall for him even harder. I think it's not a good time to assert what I feel for him. Today's been a really hectic day. I think I should find a better opportunity and then say him that I love him. Eventually I nod my face agreeing with him and we both part ways coming out of the balcony as we take opposite directions. Before taking a step ahead I turn back at him and see he's also facing me. A smile adorns on my lips and so is his. We turn around and as I am walking I feel something is not right. I don't want to go. I wanna run back, hug him tight and divulge my love for him. Unable to resist myself any longer, I turn back only to find he's already on the way to his room. Immediately I run and hug him from back. Wrapping my hands around his chest, I lean my head on his back letting out a sigh of relief. He holds my hands trying to look at me turning his neck. But I don't let him turn. Without giving a second thought I finally say,"I Love You".

I don't know how I managed to say, from where I got this courage, but as soon as these three words are out of my mouth I feel the restlessness, the worries, the fear, everything's gone. My heartbeat is more fast than ever. I don't know what he's thinking right now but I am glad that at least I managed say what I feel. "Jim. I Love You. I don't know how, when, I know nothing. But I love you".
Bunch of tears are dropping down my eyes as I say all these. The moments we spent together are all visible in front of my eyes right now.  I know these are not the tears of sadness but of satisfaction. A contentment for being able to spend a part of my life with him. Having him beside me is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am unaware if I'll have him by my side in the next moments but I am glad that I had him once. Without saying anything further I just stand hugging him and wait for him to say something. 

Jim's POV :

I am still finding it hard to believe that Eila actually loves me. On top of that she confessed her feelings. I was not prepared for this but I know, this is the best moment in my life. All I have been thinking was of ways to assert my love to her but to my surprise she did that before me. I am confused how to reply back. I love her. I love her a lot. Feels like every part of him is desiring to hold her tight and say that I love her. Eventually I try to remove her grip over my chest and turn back to face her.

She looking different now. An angelic beauty in from of a human. The christmas decoration is still prevailing for which the golden light are adding a glittery glow amidst this darkness. This is beautifying her face even more. She looking more adorable than before. Tears are constantly rolling down her cheeks whereas a smile is prevailing on her lips. I wipe off hear tears and hold her face tight. "I Love You too." I finally say. I see her eyes glitter up at my words. Bunch of tears are again rolling from her eyes as she looks at me unbelievably. "Stop crying. I love you", I say again and she laughs yet cries at the same time. I can clearly see the blush on her cheeks. Immediately she hugs me again and I wrap my arms around her. I love to hold her.

Eila's POV :

Jim loves me. I don't know how to react. The moment he said he loves me, it was like a millions of lives before us converged into a lifetime and we finally got this very moment to claim as our own. I am left with no reactions. I just stand embracing him. This time not just our bodies, I feel our hearts are connecting.  "But why are you crying?" He asks. I think I should tell him about what Winnie said to me.

"Jim". We are still in the same posture and my fingers grab the back of his shirt tight.

"Yeah", he replies as he pats and rubs the back of my head.

"Winnie loves you", as my words are out his hands stop. At the same time my breath got hitches. Shouldn't I have said that? Right now I am confused also my heart is drowning with thought of what he will say. The next moment, Jim releases the hug and holds me gently by my arms. The restlessness is clearly visible on my face and I know he can feel that. He looks straight into my eyes,"But I love you." This thing soothes my heart. An unknown smile of relief adorns on my face. He further adds,"So, my doubt was right". He says letting out a sigh.

"Which doubt?" I ask in confusion.

"That Winnie might have dragged you so urgently right at the moment I was about to confess my feeling for you so that she can tell you about her love for me, which is more like a obsession I feel".
As he finishes all I am thinking is he was about to propose me then? My inner intuition was right. A broad smile surfs on my face and he asks in confusion,"Why are you smiling?"

To which I blush, "So, you were about to propose me?"

"Yes. I guees". He rubs his hand on his hair with a shyful smile and I laugh hard seeing him.

"But wait", I say wrapping my arms around his neck, "You were about to propose me like this? I mean, no rose, no ring, nothing", I make a face at him in order to tease him.

He stands confused, "I don't know how to propose. I never did it before. I am sorry". He's actually feeling sorry and I burst into laughter seeing him.

"You fool. I was joking." I go closer to him, "I  don't need any rose , ring or special arrangement. I just want you beside me every time. I want you by my side in every step of my life", saying so I kiss him on his cheeks and he smiles saying,"You have me".