Chapter 51 - Forever

Eila's POV :

Every moment brings new hope,
Also, Every moment brings new  fear.
So many altercations are running in my mind. Some searching for a new hope in this crowd of darkness, while some fears their ruinance by the estranged path of destiny.

I am confused, literally confused. I'm happy that he talked to his mother but I'm brittle at the same time. How it it possible that you're happy yet there's a fear? An unknown fear, which I have no trace about. I know I said this before, yet this one's strong, a bewildering one. And when he said if someday he fails to stay by my side, that thing hitched me apart at the thought. I don't know why he said this, but I'm poised that he'll be with me, Forever. Perhaps this very trust is the base of our love. I know I worry too much, but I can't help it. Right now, I don't want anything else, anyone else, just him, I just want him with me. "Jim".

"Hmm", we are standing amidst this crowd with our eyes locked over each others' in this glistering beam of light.

"I don't worry about the past, nor the future, I just want each and every present moment of ours to be a Forever."  And I mean it.

There's a hope in his eyes and faith in his smile as he looks straight into me but I can find a trace of the same fear at a corner of his eyes, "Every Forever is not a beautiful one".

"But they are precious right? This matters the most. Our every Forever is a precious one. A Forever which will never fade. A Forever which will bound us to exceed our limits and love Till The End. Though the End is unknown but I guess every preciousness lies in the unknown."

"Nothing can set us apart", this time there's no fear, no worries, his words encourages my courage and I'm persuaded, now, there's no set back for us. There's only a path of journey where there's hope yet fear, but this fear is not that hard that our love will fail to overcome.

The next few moments we don't say or do anything, we just feel the importance of our togetherness, embracing each other. I finally realize, We fell in love the very moment OUR EYES COLLIDED AND HEARTS COLLAPSED. This collision was not a mere one, this one ignites the soul and tames the timid mind. 
This year is almost over and I can't deny it to be the best year of my life. To be precise, this year changed my life and I found him. The music suddenly turns off and we all release to stand still in our position when we hear from the receptionist, "Hey all, only 6 mins left for New Year, come out", and we all follow to the front yard. All gather around to see the beautiful fireworks which is gonna happen a few moments later. I'm pretty excited for that. "Only one minute remaining", Jessica announces, well the receptionist, I didn't mention her name right? And here we all count, "10    9     8     7     6     5     4     3     2  end of a year of my life, who knows if this's the last..I don't know why I said this, I just felt like...   1 and Happy New Year", we see the fireworks up in the dark sky making it a land of lightening colours. One pink, one blue, one red and so many more like a La La Land.
"Happy New year Robo", I wish the guy beside me while he offers back the grin, "Happy New Year". And here starts a New Chapter of our lives. 

.   .   .

1st January. The first day of the year. It's 8 in the morning. Actually we are just into some sight seeings today and there's no hurry so I allow myself to sleep a bit more, also we were all really tired after last nights' party. I'm still in my comfy t-shirt and shorts. I need to take a shower as well brush my teeths. 
After I'm done I dress into my usual woolen sweater with jeans and leave my wet black hair open. Emi's not around. Today she actually woke up before me. I should say this to be a miracle or something. I step out of the room locking the door and I see Winnie too getting out from her room which is just a few step ahead than mines. "Morning", I greet as I approach near.

"Morning", she avoid her eyes as she locks the door and finally turns to me. "Happy New Year", she grins of I should say she's forcing it.

"Happy New Year to you too", I offer returning the grin. "Where are you going?" Should I've asked this?

"Just going down for breakfast".

"Great, me too. Will you mind if I join you?" 

"No. Not at all", I'm glad she's acting normal. So this means everything's fine now between us?

"Winnie", I grab her attention as we walk down the stairs.

"Yeah".

"Everything's normal between us right?" 

For a bit she stays silent before she finally says, "Yeah, all's fine", she gushes and I', relieved. Like really relieved. I don't bother much for the past gossip of ours or the evil smirk I noticed on her face last night. Not at all. Everything's fine now and that's it. "So, how's things with Jim?" And she's smiling, like literally seems like a genuine smile.

"Haa.. Great", I am still baffled with her changed behaviour all on a sudden.

"Glad to know that", she is! "How's everything with your family?"

"Huh?" I give a questioning look while she speaks, "Family? Your family?"

"You mean, Katherine Auntie, John and Emi", I look front, "All's good".

"Your Mom and Dad?" She doesn't know? Well, I don't remember having any conversation with her regarding my Mom and Dad.

"Well, my Mom died when I was eight and Dad...", I pause but there's no grief on my face, "He left us. That's it", I'm just being frank since this doesn't hurt anymore.

"Ohh. Sorry to hear that", she faces me as we stop at the corner of the stairs down, "Jim knows about your family, I mean your Mom and Dad?" Why is she asking this?

"Yeah. I remember telling him about my Mom and Dad", I see her face gets a bit bewildered! It's something I fail to understand and why is she asking this all on a sudden. "Why do you ask this?"

"I just wanted to know, that's it", she gushes lifting her hand and dramatically shoves it away. "Let's go near the dining hall", I follow her and I see others already present and our group is occupying the large dining table where three seats are still vacant. I take the one beside Jim while Winnie sits beside Jia. That's it. Time for some yummy breakfast since I'm really hungry.

(A/N : Well, another favourite chapter of mine :) I really like this one. What about u guys?)