(77)

This past week has felt so odd. Michael is not acting like himself. He's so jumpy and almost secretive about a lot of the stuff that he's doing. I know he wouldn't cheat on me but it feels like that's what's going on. It just feels weird and I don't really know how to address the situation.

I scan through the pages of my book, sitting cross legged on the seat by the window in the library. I'm so caught up in the plot that I don't even realize that Bill has walked into the room and it startles me when he starts to talk.

"Miss Abella, this is for you," he smiles, holding out a letter. My heart rate slows from he surprise of him and I smile, taking a deep breath thank you.

"Thanks Bill," I say slowly, taking the letter from him as I give him a look, "You usually call me Miss Abella... what' the deal?" I smirk, holding the letter against my leg.

"Michael told me to treat you like a Queen tonight." he whispers loudly as if it's a secret.

"Okay servant," I joke, looking down at the letter, "I send my gratitude for this magnificent letter." I grin, standing from the stool to curtsy sarcastically.

"I will see you tonight your majesty," he plays along with a slight bow before walking away.

"Tonight?" I mumble as he walks away, "What do you mean?" I ask loudly as he disappears to who knows where, "What the hell?" I murmur to myself, looking down at the letter.

"Emma" is written across the back in perfect hand writing and I smile to myself. This should be interesting. I start at the corners, careful not to rip anything, and open the letter. I lift the flap and pull out the card.

"You are invited..." says the front. I furrow my brows, opening the letter and am greeted by more lovely handwriting.

Emma,

This is a night we both deserve. I have taken the liberty of setting up this night to perfection. Go to our room and find what I've left you. Wait until someone comes to get you.

Love, Michael

I smile brightly before putting the invitation back in the envelope and excitedly making my way upstairs. When I get there, I'm in awe at the gorgeous crimson dress sprawled across the bed. I gasp at the sight and also see a pair of pumps that match the gold gems that are scattered across the bottom of my dress.

Hoping no one will be here too soon, I hop in the shower, shave, scrub and exfoliate everything. Quickly, I do my hair, apply my makeup and go to get dressed. As I finish slipping on my heels, I walk over to my jewelry box and attach a necklace around my neck, one Catherine gave me. I sigh, looking down at it, holding back tears at the thought, and shake my sadness away.

This night is going to perfect.

"Miss Abella?" Bill asks, knocking at the door.

"Come in, Bill," I smile, happily, walking towards the door as he steps in.

"Em-... Miss Abella," he smiles genuinely, "You look fantastic." he compliments, nodding his head, "Are you ready to go?"

"Thank you, and yes, I'm very ready," I grin as he holds my arm out for me to take it before escorting me down the stairs and through the front doors of the main house to find a limo waiting right at the bottom of the stairs.

I smile brightly as the door opens and out steps Michael in a black suit and tie, his Tom Ford loafers clicking against the cobblestone as he walks towards us.

"Miss Abella," he breathes, looking over me lustfully, before holding out a hand to me, "You look lovely tonight."

"Same to you, Mr. Jackson," I grin, thanking Bill before taking Michael's hand, "You look very sexy." Michael smiles deviously and walks me towards the limo.