(60)

Michael's POV

"Smelly, can we just run it one more time!" Q yells through he microphone to my headphones, "Just the chorus!"

"Q, you don't have to yell," I smile into the mic.

"It just makes more sense!" he continues to yell before patting the glass window between us. I laugh lightly, nodding my head as he starts the track. I'm about to open my mouth to sing when something stops me. I shake my head, waving my hands at him, and he furrows, standing from his seat.

"Something is missing," I murmur, looking to Emma who is sitting on the couch, drawing in her sketchbook.

"What is it, Mike?" Quincy asks, tapping the glass again.

"Can we get Emma in here?" I ask as a smile touches my lips and Quincy frowns looking back to her. He says something to her, that I obviously can't her, and her brows furrow before looking to me. She places her stuff on the couch and walks into the booth.

"What's up baby?" she asks, folding her arms.

"You know the words to this song, right?" I ask, and she scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"Of course. I've only heard it a thousand times," she scoffs playfully, making me smile.

"You're going to sing this part," I say, taking a page from my stand and holding the music out to her as I point to the bottom part.

"Michael," she says shyly, rocking back on her feet, "I don't sing professionally."

"I know, but I've heard you sing," I remind her, "You've sung for me, and I like your voice, so I want you to sing this."

"I don't know," she says hesitantly as I reach out to hold her hand.

"It doesn't have to be permanent," I suggest as she looks up into my eyes, "If you or I or Quincy don't like it, we can scrap it and I'll find somebody else." I grin, making her smile.

"Okay," she sighs, making a smile erupt on my face, and I turn to grab the other set of headphones.

"Just the second verse, where I showed you, and you can improvise if that's what you feel," I coach her through and she nods, putting on the headphones, "Q, from the top."

The music starts to play and I watch Emma intently, as I go from the beginning. I watch as Emma taps her foot, and I sing into the mic, smiling the whole time as I do a little head motion, making her laugh.

Emma's part starts to come up, and as I was the first time I heard her, I'm amazed by her God given talent. I watch as she sings with her eyes close and I look to Quincy who is shocked, with his mouth wide open and his eyes locked on her. Bruce also has the same look on his face before looking to me and nodding, giving me a thumbs up.

I look behind Bruce and Q to see everyone else, and they've stopped their conversations. I didn't think anyone had noticed that Emma had come in the booth, but they sure as hell know now. Her vocals are dominating the room, and everyone knows.

She opens her eyes to sing the chorus with me, and a look of surprise washes over her face at the number of people who are staring at us. She blushes, but continues to sing with me.

This was only the second time I've run this song without stopping, and it was one of the best times I've had while recording.

"Man that was fucking amazing!" Quincy yells into the mic, making Emma smile, and my cheeks redden as everyone on the outside starts to clap and holler. I walk out, leading Emma who is holding my hand, and Q runs around me to pull Emma into a big hug, taking her by surprise.