(57)

Michael's POV

It's been a few weeks since everything happened with Tatum and then the thing with Brady. Emma has not been the same. She's sad and mopey, but I know she's trying to act as if it nothing happened. She's not her usual self, and I keep trying to make her feel better, but nothing is happening.

Shit, I have to go to the studio today to record all of the songs that are in my tape recorder and that are sampled, or scribbled out somewhere, but I don't want to leave Emma alone. I want to take her with me to get her mind off of things, but I don't think she'll want to. She's been more stubborn than usual lately. She just doesn't want to leave the house at all.

"Em," I say softly, cup her face in my hand, caressing her cheek with my thumb, "Emma, come on baby, wake up." I coax, and she groans, rolling over to shove her face in the pillow.

"Michael, don't touch me," she muffles into the pillow, "Please leave me alone." she sighs, flipping over to her other side to face away from me.

"Baby, I need you to get up," I sigh, kneeling on the ground beside the bed, and kissing her shoulder, "I want to take you to the studio today." she hesitates before looking over her shoulder at me with a blank expression, and tired eyes.

"I don't know why you want to take me. Just leave me here to weep, Michael. I lost somebody who I cared about, and I lost my dignity by being stripped naked. I've no reason to go out and face the world. It obviously doesn't want me out there." she sighs shakily, and my heart fills with sadness.

"I know, baby," I sigh, reaching out to place my hand on her arm, "I just want to help you take your mind off of things." I try and convince, and I can see that it's working.

"Okay, fine," she sighs heavily, rolling onto her back, and stretching her arms out as a wide smile consumes my face. She holds my hand and uses me to help pull herself up to sit on the side of the bed.

"I love you," I grin, kissing her lips chastely, and she shakes her head, closing her eyes for a few seconds.

"I love you too, Michael," she sighs, standing and pulling me into a tight hug, before making her way over to the bathroom, stripping from her clothes and leaving a trail as she does. I watch her intently as I feel all the blood rush to my crotch, and she looks over her shoulder when she reaches the doorway of the washroom, standing naked in all of her glory, "You woke me up this early," she begins, grinning at me, "Aren't you going to keep me company?" she sighs, touching a smile to my lips, and I bite them together.

"Of course." I accept, chasing her into the bathroom, and she squeals at the excitement.

*

As we're driving to the studio, sitting in silence, Emma scoots over even closer to me, and intertwines her fingers with mine.

"What's this?" I ask with a smirk before leaning in to kiss her lips softly.

"I don't know," she sighs heavily, resting her head on my shoulder, "I just like being close to you. Especially now. You make me feel safe." she says softly, making me smile.

"You want to be close?" I chuckles, taking her other hand in mine, and pulling her into my laugh as she giggles, "How's that?" I grin, and she laughs some more, shifting herself so that we're both comfortable.

"Boy, are you trying to start something right now?" she grins, leaning in to kiss my lips longingly.

"Maybe," I shrug, slowly running my hands down her back to her ass and giving it a good squeeze.

"I love you," she murmurs against my lips.

"Mmm," I hum into her mouth, "I love you too." I sigh dreamily as she places her hands on my chest, making the kiss even deeper.