(58)

Today Michael has gone to the studio again. I know it's his job, and I know that's what he has to do, but it's really starting to get to me.

I just wish he would come home to be with me earlier than three in the morning.

I wipe my brow with the back of my arm, and breathe heavily before walking over to the phone to give Michael a call. It's ten, and I want to know when he's going to be home.

"Hello?" Michael asks into the phone, making a smile touch my lips.

"Hey baby,"

"Oh, hey Em, what's up?" he asks, sounding a bit taken by surprise.

"Nothing much," I sigh, leaning against the wall as my brow drips with sweat, "I just finished boxing and was wondering when you were going to come home?" I ask. He hesitates a few seconds before I hear him clear his throat.

"Uh," he says as I hear noise in the background, "Later?" he says slowly.

"Like how much later?" I smirk.

"A few hours probably," he sighs heavily, and I nod.

"Okay," I say, taking a deep breath.

"Babe, you know these albums take a lot of work. I have to stay in the studio a lot, I told you that when were first dating," he says quickly, trying to explain himself.

"Michael, I know, I'm not upset," I smile into the phone, and I hear him sigh in relief.

"That's just the life of Michael Jackson."

"Oh, screw the life of Michael Jackson," I scoff, making him chuckle, "You're Michael Jackson. You control it."

"It's not that easy," he sighs, and I fold my arms, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"I know, babe."

"Okay, I'll see you when I get home?" he asks.

"Of course," I grin, "I love you, Michael."

"I love you too, baby." he smiles, making a kissing noise before I hang up the phone and lean myself against the wall.

If Michael is doing something right now, I should as well. I need to be productive, and do something that has always taken my mind off of things, and calmed my nerves.

After showering and changing into some old clothes, that I don't mind getting dirty, I walk down the hallway and into one of the rooms at the end of the hall that is empty. The walls are white, and there is only one table in here. No other furniture.

I look around, folding my arms at the possibilities that the white wall could become.

I'm going to paint one of these walls. Bright colours, maybe a mural. Something that our kids will like.

I go the library, and grab a Disney book, flipping through the pages to find a nice colourful scene that won't be too hard to replicate. I scan through, and a painting of Winnie the Pooh and all of his friends catch my eye. I smile, and grab one of Michael's business cards from the desk in the library, and bookmark the page.

I sit at the desk, and grab a piece a paper from inside, before sketching out a rough copy of Eeyore, Piglet, and Tigger stacked on top of each other, Pooh standing on top of them, trying to reach a jar of honey that is sitting on a branch. Once that was done, I gathered all of the materials I needed from the art studio, and made several trips back and forth to the room.

After painting the whole mural, with a couple breaks in between to let some of the background drop, so that I could paint over the paint that I'd already payed down, I step back and look over the whole wall that I'm very happy with.