七 [N a n a]

Start bij het begin

I frowned and placed the back of my hand on her forehead and felt it burning.

"You're hot."

"I know I am." She quickly replied and finished the last paper of the stack. She moved onto a new stack and instantly started writing again.

"Why is Kureto giving you so much paperwork?" Her eyes squinted and she angrily pouted.

"These are all Kureto's paperwork that was given by Father. They're all due today."

I sighed and sat down opposite her, "You should take a break."

"No, I only have 6 hours to complete 5 stacks of paperwork and one stack is equivalent to 100 papers. So technically, one paper is to be completed in 36 seconds." She said and flipped to the next one.

"Yeah, but you're not taking care of yourself."

"My health doesn't matter when I'm doing paperwork. Father would scold Kureto which would then be relayed onto me."

"At least take a 5-minute break."

"No."

"(Y/n)."

"No."

"(Y/n) Hirag--"

"No."

"Guren's--"

"No."

"Not even a Gure--"

"No."

I smirked and grabbed the pen she was holding and flung it across the room. But to my surprise, she took out a pen that was hidden behind her and continued her work.

"I guess I have to resort to my last solution," I mumbled and stood up. Walking to her door, I opened it and shouted, "Guren! (Y/n)'s in trouble!"

I heard a bunch of loud footsteps before seeing Guren appear, panting as he looked at me with worry all over him.

"What's wrong with (Y/n)?" He asked frantically.

"Oh, Guren. You're so obvious in showing that you're in love with (Y/n)." I grinned and he rolled his eyes.

"Just tell me what's wrong with her."

"Why don't you see it for yourself~?" He sighed and stepped into the room, only to be confused.

"Where is she?" I pointed to her desk and he walked towards it.

He then bent down and flinched when he saw (Y/n). He quickly looked at me with an angry look.

"Why is she still working when she's obviously sick? She hasn't gotten any sleep in the past 48 hours."

"She simply refuses to. Kureto gave her all of his paperwork that is, unfortunately, due today." I smiled.

"(Y/n)--"

"Shut up. I'm still mad at you, go away." She quickly answered.

"She's mad? Ohoho, did you guys have a lovers quarrel~?"

"Shinya, shut up," Guren said and grabbed the pen she was holding and threw it away.

"What the, why the heck do you already have another pen ready?"

"The pens run out of ink quickly and Shinya already tried that."

Guren looked at me with a frustrated look and I only shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, I guess this is the best option," Guren mumbled and then grabbed (Y/n)'s wrists.

"Huh? Guren, let go!" Guren pulled (Y/n) onto his lap and her cheeks were flushed red.

Definitely blushing.

"Since you won't cooperate with me, I'll have to do it the hard way." He said and then knocked her unconscious.

"I totally could have done that," I said and watched Guren gently place (Y/n) onto the couch that was in her office.

"Yeah, you could've but you didn't."

I walked to the desk and grabbed half of the remaining 4 stacks. Guren took the last two and a pen.

"We should have (Y/n) pay us back for helping her." He said and started the paperwork.

"Yes, we should." I laughed and shook my head.

As hours passed, Guren and I finished with all the paperwork and left it at a corner so that Aoi could collect it. Every 30 minutes, Guren would check up on (Y/n) and made sure she was cooling down. His face would always be one of worry and sadness when he looked at her.

"Ne, Guren?" He hummed and placed (Y/n)'s head on his lap. "You guys had a fight or something? She said she was still mad at you."

"Yeah, guess you could say so. Remember when we were kids, I had those nightmares?" I nodded my head and he looked down, stroking (Y/n)'s hair.

"They came back and I want (Y/n) to give me a chance. But she doesn't want to. She thinks I'm still not over Mahiru."

"But you are...right?"

"Of course I am. I never really loved Mahiru anyways."

I scrunched my nose when I heard him, "What do you mean?"

"Nothing." He said and slid his right hand under the back of (Y/n)'s knees and lifted her bridal style.

"I'll bring her back to her room. See ya tomorrow Shinya."

I stood up from (Y/n)'s chair and neatened her office. After taking a final look, I turned off the lights and closed the door. What had Guren meant by he never really loved Mahiru anyways? Did he truly not love her and had a different goal that led him to be with Mahiru? But Mahiru had feelings for him.

I pouted and shook my head. I'll just think about it another time. I just want to eat some bread now. All that paperwork made me hungry.