My Darkest Fantasy Ch. 5

Ashley's P.O.V.

I woke up feeling happy that today is Friday. I got out of bed and began to get ready. After I had gotten ready, I left my bedroom and went to the living room. I didn't see Max but then I hear a voice say, "Morning Ash." I looked to where the voice was located and I saw Max standing in front of the doorway to the kitchen. I smile at him and make my way towards him and he says, "Want me to make breakfast?" I nod my head and then he went to the stove to make my breakfast. I went into the living room and sat down on the couch waiting for Max to bring my breakfast.

Three minutes later a plate is in front of me so I grabbed it and Max says, "Something to drink?" I tell him to get me a Pepsi and then a minute later he places it on the ground in front of me. I ate my breakfast and then Max took my plate into the kitchen. I got up off the couch and I hear Max say, "I hope you're not leaving without a hug." I walk into the kitchen and I hug him. After we hug each other, I began to make my way to the door when Max says, "I'll finish up cleaning and then I'll leave, alright?" I tell him okay and then I open up the door and make my way towards my car. I get in and drive off heading to work. When I arrived in the store, I saw Jeremy at the register and I realized that Josh wasn't working today. I went to the back, clocked in and then made my way back to the front. I helped out Jeremy and after all the customers were gone he says, "Glad you're here, listen I need you to stay here late."

I give him a questioning look and he says, "We got a new shipment coming in sometime today and I need you to put them out in the store." I nod my head and he continues with, "I'll help you out with the customers, alright?" I was happy that Jeremy was willing to help out so I say, "Thanks." It was empty for two hours and then I see guys carrying in boxes and I realized that this was the shipment. Somebody taps my shoulder and I hear a voice say, "Did you hear me Ashley?" I turn to face the voice and I realized that it was Jeremy so I say, "What was that?" He shakes his head chuckling and then he says, "I had asked if you wanted a pop." I nod my head and he hands me some money and he says, "Hurry up before it gets too busy." I took the money and left the store heading to the pop machine and after I got the drink, I made my way back to the store. 

When I got back into the store, I saw three guys with boxes. I better get extra money for this...I didn't really want to ask Jeremy though. I went behind the register where Jeremy was standing at and handed him the change and he says, "Just want you to know Ash that you will receive overtime for this." It's as if he read my mind...so I say, "Thank you Jeremy." He nods his head and says, "Welcome." The guys that carried in boxes left and Jeremy says, "You only have fifteen boxes to go through and put out in the store." That's not bad, last time I had to go through thirty boxes...but I had help from Josh. This is so going to suck. Soon another two hours past and no customers still. I hoped that it would stay like that but usually shit doesn't go my way. 

Then just after I had thought that, five customers come in...see, shit doesn't go my way. Soon all five customers left after buying something so I look down at my watch and saw that I had seven hours left before I had to unbox everything and put it away. I heard somebody clear their throat so I looked up and my mouth instantly dropped open. The person standing in front of me was Luke, the lead singer of Midnight Nightmare. I closed my mouth; ignoring the sound of him laughing at me, I looked behind him and saw the rest of the band. I looked back at Luke and say, "I can't believe that my favorite band is here." Luke holds out his hand for me to shake so I shake it and the moment my hand touched his, I felt a tingly sensation. I thought maybe he had shocked me so I pulled my hand away and I swear I heard him growl. I look at his face and I swear I saw lust in his eyes but it quickly disappeared when Cody, the guitarist said, "Luke." He turned around and Cody says, "Were supposed to be looking for stuff to buy not flirting with employees." Luke walked over to the guys and they began looking at stuff. I noticed that Luke kept looking at me so I looked away hoping that he would quit his staring but I could still feel his eyes on me. 

The guys didn't buy anything and when they were walking out, I saw that Luke was staring at me but then Cody says to him, "Come on, let's go." They leave and then I felt somebody touch my shoulder. I turn to face Jeremy and he says, "Three hours left until closing." I smile a little but then I remembered what I have to do afterwards and that smile disappeared. Soon it was only two hours left and only five customers came. Soon it was an hour until closing then it was closing time and Jeremy says, "Don't clock out yet until everything is finished, alright?"