My Darkest Fantasy Ch. 1

Ashley's P.O.V.

I woke up on a Saturday morning hearing two people talking. I got up off the bed and opened the door. The voices sounded like they came from the living room so I made my way there. I walked into the living room and I see my two brothers on the couch.

I shake my head. "What are you two doing here?" I ask.

Both of my brothers stopped talking and then they look at me.

"Well, good morning cranky..." My older brother Max replies.

I flip him off. "Why are you in my apartment?" I question.

My second oldest brother Alex smiles. "Because it's your day off and we thought that you might want to hang out with us." He replies.

That sounded like a really good idea since I wasn't planning on doing anything.

"Sounds good, let me get ready." I say.

I never gave my brothers a chance to answer because I was already heading to my room. I decided to take a shower and then I got dressed and headed out to face my brothers. We walked out the door, I locked the door, and then we went out to the parking lot.

"Are we getting in your car Max?" I ask him.

My car was a bit messy inside the back.

"Yeah." He replies.

We followed Max to his car and we get in. After we got buckled up, Max drove off and it was silent for a while.

"Are you enjoying living by yourself?" Alex asks breaking the silence.

I knew I shouldn't lie and say I was, because I wasn't so I shrug my shoulders.

"I miss you guys." I reply.

We arrived at the home I grew up in.

"Let's see dad first." Max says.

I haven't seen dad in two weeks; so I was really excited to see him.

We got out of the car and made our way towards the front door. Just as Max was about to knock on the door, it opens to reveal our dad Carter.

He smiles at us. "Come on in you three."He says.

My brothers let me in first and as soon as I walked through the door, dad pulls me towards him and he hugs me tightly. I hug him back.

"I thought the agreement for you living by yourself was that had to come and see me every weekend." He says.

I knew that would come up.

"Do you have a boyfriend that I don't know about?" He asks.

I shake my head furiously. "If I had one, I'd let you know about him...it's just work calling me in and I couldn't visit." I reply.

Max and Alex came inside and then dad shut the door. We sat on the couch and we were chatting for a while.

"It's getting late; you three should head off." Dad says looking at his watch.

We got up off the couch and walked out the door. Dad followed us outside and then he grabbed the three of us for a group hug. We let go of each other.

"Come back again soon." Dad says to me.

I nod my head and then we got in the car. Max drove off then and we arrived at my apartment complex. I got out of the car, said goodbye to my brothers, and then I made my way to the building. I got into the apartment and then after locking the door, I went into my bedroom.

 I got undressed and then I put my pajamas on and sat down on the bed. I looked up at the dresser and saw a picture of me and my family...with no mom. She left us because she found another guy; I never kept in contact with her because I thought the guy was a dick. My brothers even thought so because they never talked with her either.

I got up off the bed, pulled the blanket back and got in. I closed my eyes and drifted off into a dreamless sleep. I woke up the next day, hearing my phone go off. I pulled the blanket off of me, sat up and grabbed my phone to see that my best friend Sarah was calling me. I pressed a button and put the phone up to my ear.

"Can I come over and hang out with you?" She asks.

I tell her that she can.

"Great, I'll pick up Faith too." She says.

I didn't bother giving her my answer since she knew what I would say. I hung up and placed my phone back on the nightstand. I got off the bed, went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. I got dressed afterwards and just as I was about to comb my hair, I hear the doorbell. I sigh loudly, placed the comb on the sink and made my way towards the front door.

I opened up the door to face my two best friends so I let them in.

"Nice hair." Faith says.

I almost forgot that I never got to comb it.

"Like it?" I ask.

Faith and Sarah both laugh at that and then I head back into my bathroom to finish combing my hair. I turned the light off and went into the living room where my friends were waiting. I sat on the couch and it was silent for a bit.

"Guess who's coming here?" Faith asks.

I frown at her question. Did they invite someone over? I almost didn't hear Faith begin to talk.

"Midnight Nightmare is going to be doing a concert soon." She says.

I had completely forgotten about their concert but I wasn't going to be able to see them. The concert was on Wednesday and I worked that day. Your probably wondering who Midnight Nightmare is; they are one of my favorite bands and I have always wanted to go see them.