My Darkest Fantasy Ch. 21

Ashley's P.O.V.

While Max was carrying me up the stairs he says, "Your stubborn you know that right?" I roll my eyes and say, "Why am I stubborn?" He places me on the bed and says, "Because dad is trying to keep you out of work cause your legs hurt and you're snapping at him." After Max left, I got out of bed and began walking, trying to get my legs to work with me. I soon was able to walk without grabbing onto something so I decided to lie back down to give my legs some rest. I began to hear footsteps coming up the stairs and then suddenly somebody begins knocking on my door so I say, "Yeah?" I hear the person say, "Its dad, can I come in?" I tell him he can and then the door opens and dad says, "Listen Ash, I'm sorry about earlier. Your right, I should've asked you first before calling your boss."

I felt bad for getting mad at dad so I say, "It's fine dad; I'm sorry for getting angry at you." Dad smiles and says, "Do you need anything before I leave for work?" I was about to shake my head but then I say, "Do you know where an envelope that has photos in it, is at?" Dad scratches his head and says, "I think so...I'll see if your brothers know." Dad leaves, heading downstairs and I hear him say, "Do you two know where en envelope containing photos is at? It's your sister who's asking." I hear footsteps coming up and I see Max and he comes in. He looks around in my stuff and I see he pulls something out. He hands it to me so I say, "Thanks."

He leaves then, closing the door behind him and after I heard him going downstairs, I opened the envelope. I pulled out the photos and began flipping through them. I came across one that just had Luke in it. I began crying, I can't believe how much I've missed him. I kiss his face and put the photo back with the rest. I hear two different sets of footsteps running up the stairs. My door opens and I see Max and Alex. They both have concerned looks on their faces and then they came over and they sit beside me. Max pulls me towards him and he wraps his arms around me. I smile at that and lay my head on his shoulder. After the hug, Alex says, "Why were you crying?"

I shrug my shoulders and say, "I honestly don't know." I knew that wasn't true but I didn't want them to know and then Alex says, "You want me to get you anything?" I ask him if he can get me a bottle of water and he says, "Alright, I'll be right back." Max kisses the top of my head and he says, "Were you crying because you didn't get to see Midnight Nightmare?" I frown, why would he think that and then he says, "I see the photos that Faith gave you; were you crying because you didn't get to see them?" I nod my head and say, "Yeah." Max chuckles and says, "You cry over the weirdest things, you know that?" What would Max say if he knew the real reason why I was crying? Alex came back with a bottle of water, he handed it to me and I say my thanks. I was about to open it when Max grabbed it and opened it for me.

He handed it back and I took a drink of it. My brothers left then but before they left the room Max says, "If you need anything let us know, but you should get some sleep." I nod my head and then they close the door and I hear them heading downstairs. I picked up the photos and then I placed them back in the envelope, then I placed the envelope on my nightstand. I lie down and fell asleep. I woke up the next day and decided to try and get out of bed. I sat up, pushed the blanket away and I slide out of bed. I stand up and began walking around, I smile at the fact that I was walking. I walk over to my dresser when suddenly my door opens; I turn around to face my dad.

I smile at him and he says, "I suppose you're going to work today." I nod my head and say, "I am." Dad nods his head and says, "Just remember to sit down every once in a while, alright?" I nod my head and say, "I will dad." Dad leaves then, closing the door behind him so I turn back around to face my dresser. I got my clothes for today and then I quickly got dressed. I got ready for the day and then I went downstairs to see that dad just got done cooking breakfast. I sat down and he placed a plate in front of me. I ate the breakfast and then after I hugged my dad, I went outside towards my car. Just as I was about to open up the door, I see my brothers running towards me.

When their standing beside my car Max says, "Were you thinking of leaving without a hug?" I shrug my shoulders and say, "I thought you two were sleeping." They come over and I received a hug from the both of them and then they went back inside. I got in my car and drove off to work. I arrived at the mall so I got out and made my way inside. I made it to Hot Topic and I saw Drake. He looked up at me and waved. I smile at him and waved back. I made my way to the back and I saw Jeremy sitting on a chair. I say hi to him and he looks up at me and says, "Good you're here. I need to leave, can you watch the new guy and the store?" I nod my head and say, "Yeah no problem." Jeremy stands up and says, "Thanks, I owe you."

 He leaves then and I hear him say to Drake, "I'm leaving, Ashley is in charge." I clock in and then I head back to the front and Drake says, "I'm glad your back." I chuckle and say, "Somebody giving you a hard time?" He shakes his head and says, "I was by myself and it was very busy." I was surprised that Jeremy didn't get Josh to help out and then Drake says, "Jeremy tried to get Josh to come but he couldn't because he's out of town." I nod my head and he says, "The mall closes early." I remember that and then he says, "So I was wondering if you wanted to hang out." I was about to say no when he says, "Just as friends? Please?"