My Darkest Fantasy Ch. 24

Ashley's P.O.V.

I woke up early the next day, got out of bed and pulled out my outfit for today. I was wearing one of my new shirts and then I went into the bathroom to shower. After I showered, I quickly changed into my outfit and then I combed my hair and went downstairs. Dad was making breakfast but I didn't see my brothers at the table so I say, "Where's Max and Alex?" Dad tells me that their still sleeping so I sit down on a chair and he hands me a plate of food. I take it, say my thanks before I began eating and dad says, "I have to go to work but I'll be home when you get back." I tell him alright and he says, "Please come home right away when you're off."

I tell him that I will and then I say, "And I'll make sure to text you that I'm done." Dad smiles and says, "Thank you Ash." We finish eating breakfast and then dad quickly washes the dishes and then after he dries his hands with a washcloth, he pulls me towards him for a hug. I hug him back and he says, "Please come home safely." I nod my head and say, "You come home safely too." We let go of each other and then we walk out of the house and towards our cars. I drove off first since my car was blocking dad from getting out. I arrived at the mall and after I parked the car, I got out and made my way towards the entrance.

I walked in and walked to the store I work at. I see Drake and Jeremy talking to each other but Drake stopped when he saw me. Jeremy turned to face me and he says, "Glad you're here. Thanks for volunteering for this; I'm sure your dad wasn't too happy about you doing this again." I chuckle and say, "He wasn't but when I told him there was going to be somebody else here, he calmed down." Jeremy nods his head and says, "That's good, you don't need an angry father. Why don't you go clock in?" I went and clocked in and when I came back, Jeremy was gone but there was a pop with a note on it. I walked over to it, took the note off, and opened it read that the pop is for me and that Jeremy was the one to get me it. I tossed the paper in the trash and then I opened it. I took a drink of it and I hear a voice say, "Miss?" I place the pop on the counter, turn around and I see a guy holding a clipboard and he says, "I have your shipment, I need you to sign this please." I take the clipboard sign my name and then I hand it back to him and he leaves.

The guy comes back with a few boxes and then Drake comes back as well. I look at him and say, "Where were you?" He tells me that he went to the restroom and then Drake sees the guy carrying in boxes and he walks over to him. Drake talks to him for a bit and then he comes back over to me and says, "May I go help him?" I nod my head and then Drake and the guy walk out. I covered the front while Drake was helping the guy. Drake and the guy came back with boxes and then the guy says, "This the last of the boxes, miss." I nod my head and say, "Thanks."

The guy leaves so I say, "How many boxes was that?" Drake leaves to go count and then he comes back and says, "Nine." I nod my head, that's not bad it'll be easy to unload. Drake comes back over behind the counter and he looks at his watch and says, "We have five hours before the mall closes so we can work on the shipment." I nod my head and say, "Good, I'm glad." I told Drake to watch the store while I went to the restroom and he says, "Alright." I leave then to the restroom and then I leave after washing my hands. I head back to the store to see that it is packed; I went behind the counter and started up another register to help Drake. Soon all the people left so I say, "How long do we have left?" I see Drake look at his watch and he says, "Four."

An hour later, Jeremy came back and he says, "Did the packages arrive yet?" I nod my head and he says, "How many?" I tell him how many there are and he says, "Shouldn't take you two that long." I nod my head and say, "Hopefully." Jeremy leaves then to the back and Drake says, "Do you think it'll go quick?" I nod my head and say, "It should." Another hour past by and Drake says, "One hour left and then we'll have to deal with the shipment." I chuckle and say, "It won't take that long if you help me." Drake tells me that he will help so I say, "Alright, thanks."

Soon it was only twenty minutes left and Jeremy had already left. Drake and I were helping out the last of the customers and then after they were helped, they left. We closed up then and we went over to the boxes. I grabbed the box cutter and I opened up all nine boxes and then I put the box cutter on the desk in the back. I handed Drake a box and say, "Follow me." He followed me over to the shirts and then I say, "Put it down on the floor." I showed him what to do with the clothing in the box and he says, "Alright, I think I got it." I nod my head and say, "If you need help me know."