Choice A) (Penny Ending)

(This chapter took a while because my school started up again, so I had triangles to define and shit, so yeah. This might have been my longest gap between chapters, and for that I apologize, but dude so much is going on right now, I'm doing my best)

Your POV

You sighed.

"Hey Penny! You wanna join me on this adventure of ours?"

You called. Kid looked aghast.

"WHAT?"

Penny nodded mutely, and stomped over.

In an attempt to avoid arguing with Kid over your choice of partner, you shouted 

"BYE!"

And pulled Penny with you out the door.

You laughed awkwardly.

"Shall we?"

You said with a stiff bow. She blew by you, and started walking off down the street.

"I doubt you know where you're going!"

You called after her. She stopped, and came stomping right back, not looking at you.

"Hey, listen. You can talk to me. What's going on?"

"We need to get moving."

She muttered.

"Which way?"

You sighed.

"Right."

The two of you walked in silence for a few minutes, before she mumbled something.

"Huh?"

She flushed.

"Can I hold your hand?"

She mumbled. Now it was you that flushed.

"W-what? I-uhm-yeah, yeah, of course."

Her hand was cold, but it fit perfectly with yours. Your face was as red as a tomato, but in all fairness, hers wasn't any paler.

"SoOoOoOoOo...."

You said, trying to come up with a subject of conversation.

"So, what's up with Kid?"

You tried. Penny sighed.

"He does not like me very much."

She said blandly.

No duh.

Silence.

This is a weird question I'm gonna ask. But to be honest it's a fair question in these circumstances.

"Um, why did you want to hold my hand?"

"OhIamsorryI-IwillletgoIamsosorry-"

Penny sputtered.

"Nonononononoit'sfineIjustwantedtoknowreallyit'sfinedn'tletgoIwasjustaskingholyshit."

"I-"

Penny started, before sighing, and continuing in a quieter voice.

"I feel like everyone is a million miles away from me right now."

She whispered.

And then she started crying.

It broke your heart. Utterly broke your heart to see her so broken, so damaged, so alone.

But you didn't do anything. Couldn't. You didn't know what to do. You wanted to help her, you really did. But what do you do to help someone so utterly destroyed?