Chapter 91) Taking Care of Business

Seth
We had a successful escape from the prison. If anything, I had a successful escape. However, I still wanted to take care of some business with Ashley, but the worries of getting caught by the police had me feeling uneasy on the inside. Hunter and Steph actually believe that giving the police millions of money would keep them from throwing me back in prison. Impossible.

Sitting inside of Trips' car, I was thinking back on the past for the third time in a row. I have no idea how something simply snapped inside of me to change my ways towards everyone. Speechless, I just sat in the back seat of the car in pure silence.

"Everything alright, Seth?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, everything's fine!" I said, exaggerating.

After that, they pulled the car into a hotel parking lot. What are they doing?

Ashley
"Hey babe, I'm going to be hanging out with Ambrose for a few hours. Will you be okay?" Roman asked.

"Of course! You two have a great time, and I'll be here when you both come back!"

Roman and I shared a kiss until he left the room, leaving me to myself for awhile to make myself a snack, and to relax without a care in the world for the next few hours.

Seth
"Seth, I just wanted to let you know that she's in that very hotel room. I can see that Roman just left the place. Take care of what you need to do." Hunter said.

I crooked a smile, "Alright, Hunter, I will."

I walked my way into her hotel room and seen her cooking herself something delicious in the kitchen. She actually thought that she was rid of me forever, huh? Maybe I should pay her a little visit since her fiance isn't here to ruin things.

Ashley
I was preparing myself a turkey sandwich with a salad until I heard knocking on my door. Roman just left a few minutes ago to hang out with Dean for a couple of hours for some reason. I knew that it wasn't him at the door or else he would've texted me that he was coming back. Maybe it was Eva or Sasha? Maybe Dolph?

The moment my hand was on the doorknob, I started feeling scared and my heart began to race as if I ran a marathon without taking a break.

"H-Hello?" I said, slightly hesitant on opening the door.

Silence.

Twisting the knob, I couldn't believe my eyes. My skin turned as pale as a ghost when I realized who was standing at the door and looking me in the eyes.

No, it can't be!

"Did you miss me, Ashley?"

My body began to tremble at the sight of the man who raped me, abused me, tried breaking up my relationship many times, and treated me poorly over the years.

"Seth...I thought you were gonna be in prison for the next seven-years." I said, afraid to speak.

"Look, I broke out of prison, but that doesn't matter right now." He said.

He forced me against the wall but he wasn't stripping off my clothes like he did in the past. What was he planning to do with me?

"Why the hell are you here?" I asked.

"Simple. I came here to take care of some stuff."

"Stuff? What stuff?" I said in confusion.

A wave of anger overcome him as his hands wrapped around my throat until I turned purple in the face and was unable to breathe. I had trouble breathing and I collapsed to the floor, feeling extremely weak. After falling to the floor, I seen Seth looking down at me like he felt terrible right after he almost strangled me to death.