Chapter 51) Interview

I hated having to leave Ashley back at the hospital and it was driving me crazy. My eyes were puffy and I was anxious about what was happening over at the hospital.

Thankfully, Miz, Sasha, and Eva are watching over her for me because Vince was forcing me to do an interview with Byron Saxton about Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar from Monday.

I woke up and needed to get dressed for the small interview. However, I seen Miz, Sasha, and Eva stepping in the door while I put on one of my authentic shirts and tied my hair into a ponytail.

"We'll keep an eye on her, Roman." Miz patted my back.

"I really appreciate this, guys."

"Hey, it's no problem. Do what you need to do, we'll let you know how she's doing once you come back." Eva looked at me with a small smile.

"Alright, I'll see you guys in about an hour or two."

I left the hospital and drove to the building where I had to record an interview with Byron. I was thankful enough that I didn't have a match tonight and when I had to come back, everyone had to leave anyways as Sasha was making her debut, Eva had her match in NXT, and Miz had a match tonight against Ambrose.

Upon arrival, I sat down in a chair and was greeted by Byron Saxton, "Please welcome my guest. He is the winner of the Royal Rumble match and still the number one contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship; and the man who will go on to face Brock Lesnar in the main event of WrestleMania, Roman Reigns."

I looked uneasy. I needed to keep myself together and looked up at the camera, faking a smile.

"Byron, what's up man?" I asked.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Good, you?" I lied.

"Great! First off, Roman. Congratulations on your match with Daniel Bryan at Fastlane. Still being buzzed about as one of the most hard-fought exhilarating matches of your career."

"That's because it was. That's the type of competitor Daniel Bryan is, he's a hard-hitting, aggressive guy; but I think the main thing is he knows what it takes, what you have to do to get where I'm going. Where I'm going is Brock Lesnar. I'm going to beat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania."

"Well, speaking of Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, I wanna take you back to what Paul Heyman said about you this past Monday on Raw." Byron said.

I watched the small television as it showed a recap. I heard the same words that Paul said towards me during the segment on Monday.

"Only an idiot could not look at you and realize you're different. You're distinct, you're head and shoulders above the rest. Roman Reigns versus Bruno Sammartino in 1975, my money is on Roman Reigns. Roman Reigns versus Hulk Hogan and Andre The Giant in 1987, my money is on Roman Reigns. You, sir, you're not fighting a man at WrestleMania. You're fighting a beast. You can't slay my beast."

"So? How do you respond?"

"It's Paul Heyman. He talks nonstop. The only thing I can think about at this point is this 'can't'; I can't slay the beast, I can't beat Brock Lesnar. It irritates me, I hate that word...can't. I hate being told that I can't do something, I can, I can and I will beat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania."

"How are you preparing for Brock? In what undoubtedly be the biggest match of your career?"

I began getting distracted about Ashley during this interview. My mind kept wandering as he kept asking me how I was preparing for Brock. I've been more focused on her than Brock at this point.

"Haven't taken a cruise in quite some time. Maybe, a few months so. Possibly get back on the boat; have a tropical drink? I don't know." I looked away, embarrassing myself.

"Obviously, I have to train harder than I ever have before. I have to become stronger, faster, I have to watch tape on old matches of Brock Lesnar; there's a lot of things that I have to do. But, it's not gonna be athleticism that beats Brock Lesnar. I can't leave any stone unturned, this is a man who's been on this stage, he's been on the grandest stage of them all. He's main evented WrestleMania before, I haven't. And normally, I'm the type who wants to get it done on his own. I don't want help, I want to get it done on my own. But I'm not a fool, I'm not too proud, I need to tap into my resources. I need to talk to my family, get advice, people who have been there, been in my shoes, seen the things that I'm gonna see. Prepare me. Look, right now where I'm at, I could be pretty cocky. I could be a very egotistical person but this opportunity I have, it is once in a lifetime. The rug could be pulled at any moment, the bubble could be popped. I've seen it, I've felt that. I've had to fight to keep this opportunity. Now Brock Lesnar, I hope he's cocky. I hope he's confident, I hope when we're in that ring, I hope he's bouncing around; staring at me with those arrogant eyes. Because through those eyes, he's gonna be looking at a man fighting for a proud family, representing a proud family. A man trying to become a greater provider for his household, build a future, build a life. If you ask me, that's a scary combo. I'm gonna beat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. I don't care if you believe it, I know it and I'm gonna prove it."

As the interview ended, I shook Byron's hand and got up from my chair and drove back to the hospital to see how she was doing.

The Hospital

Arriving to the hospital, I was worried about her. I checked-in from the main office. I walked down the hall and when I made it to the door, I looked at the doctor while he was examining her brain through the computer.

"Mr. Anoa'i?" He turned over at me.

"Yes?"

"I hate to tell you this but Ashley's brain-waves are not normal. I feel as if she's suffered immense head trauma. I don't see her waking back up and I don't think there's anything I can possibly do."

My heart started to sink; my eyes widened. I started sobbing uncontrollably again in front of Miz, Sasha, and Eva while I began shaking in fear of losing her.

"No, this can't be happening."

"Roman." Eva said in a quiet voice.

"No, I love her so much and I can't lose her! I just can't!" I shouted.

I punched the wall next to me, making my knuckles bleed. The impact to the wall started to startle the doctor.

"Dammit, I cannot lose her!"

"Mr. Anoa'i. Please, calm down."

"No, I cannot calm down!" I raised my voice.

"Roman, listen to us please." Miz tried calming me down along with Eva and Sasha with tears streaming down their faces and pinching the bridges of their noses.

"I love her. I want to marry her, have children with her, and grow old together." I looked down at Ashley with tears falling down my face; heartbroken at the thought of losing her.

This can't be happening. My whole world is turning upside down...