Chapter 52) Depression

The days went on as I laid next to Ashley with my hands intertwined with hers. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her; wondering if she was ever going to open her eyes, move a part of her body, or even attempting to speak.

I was unable to eat, drink, or even sleep. I refused to do anything but sit down next to Ashley and never keep my eyes off of her. I cherished her life and was worried about her well-being.

How was I supposed to main event WrestleMania and be excited if the woman I love ends up dying? I couldn't live with myself if she wasn't alive anymore. I blamed myself for all of this. On the other hand, I blamed Charlotte and Seth for causing this to happen to us.

As a man, all I wanted was to care for Ashley, provide for her and show her the love that nobody else had given her all her life. I remember she told me how Seth mistreated her, how people deliberately bullied her, and made her feel less of a human being. I wanted to take away all of the pain that she endured many years ago.

Ashley was the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on. From her beautiful gaze to her long, luscious blonde hair, to the smile I always loved to see upon waking up next to her. The mere thought of losing her was unbearable to think about. I just couldn't bare the thought of her slipping away from me.

I knew she couldn't hear me, but the love I had for her was worth more than anything else you could ever imagine. Ashley became such a huge impact on my life. I couldn't see a future without someone like her. I wouldn't be able to move on with life if she died; worrying was all I could ever do.

A few hours later, I proceeded to look down at her with sadness on my face. My eyes grew puffier, my body became weak, and my stomach was becoming emptier.

I realized that something wasn't right with Ashley. I looked up at the computer that showed her progress and seen it acting beserk. I rushed myself and beeped-in for the doctor to check on her.

After the doctor stormed into the room, he looked at me with disparity upon his face, "Mr. Anoa'i, I'm so sorry. I don't think Ashley's going to make it much longer."

At that moment, I fell to my knees as my heart sunk deeper than ever before. My hands were clenched into a fist. My body became weaker as I heard the door opening and seen Ambrose and Sasha picking me off the floor.

"The doctor said that she was fucking dying..." I looked down to the ground and started to tremble once more.

"What? She can't be." Ambrose looked at me with freight.

Tears continuously kept falling down my face. I stood up and began hitting the walls over and over again until I accidentally caused a slight hole in the wall. I heard the door opening again to seeing my parents walking in with sadness in their faces.

"I'm so sorry, son." My mother said.

"She's not dying. I know she's not!" I started shouting in denial.

I walked over to Ashley and collapsed to the floor while sobbing uncontrollably.

"Ashley, please wake up. I need you. I love you." I sobbed.

Ashley wasn't responding and I knew at any given moment, I was losing the woman I wanted to marry, grow old with, have a little family together. It was all slipping away.

I held her hand. I heard everyone around me sobbing along with me and I felt weakness within myself once more.

Her heartbeat was decreasing as the beeps were growing slower on the monitor. I couldn't hold myself together as I had everyone approaching me with their arms around me.

"Everyone, leave me the hell alone." I snapped.

"Roman, we're here for you." Sasha looked at me with sadness in her eyes.