Chapter 26) Pressure

After the following segment, I was in disbelief because WrestleMania was important to me for both reasons. It was my first time main-eventing and that's a dream come true to me; not to mention how I had a surprise for Ashley during the ending of WrestleMania. Unfortunately, Hunter, Stephanie, and Seth were trying to take my opportunity away from me. I kept hearing Hunter's words running throughout my head, "The winner of the match at Fastlane goes to wrestle Brock Lesnar one-on-one."

I shook my head. The authority took pleasure out of stripping away opportunities from not just me, but everyone in the locker-room; and I know that Daniel Bryan is trying to take my spot in the process. I wasn't stupid. But I worked hard just to win the Royal Rumble and retain my championship.

I went backstage after the segment and Ashley approached me, "Babe, are you feeling alright?"

"No, I am not alright."

She asked, "I understand. But you aren't going to let the authority continue to do this to you, are you?"

I looked down, "No."

Ashley wrapped her arms around me as she looked me dead in the eyes, "Exactly, you aren't going to allow them to screw you over. I won't allow you to be taken advantage of by them. You and I both know that they're planning something and their intentions aren't good."

Ashley was right. I never wanted to disappoint my girlfriend when it came to my career. I began thinking of a strategy.

Since Daniel Bryan beat Seth Rollins last week, I can face him and beat him at Fastlane. Then I could still headline WrestleMania this year. I've worked so hard to come this far; and I'm not letting the authority nor Daniel take away what means the most to me in this business.

While Ashley and I went back to our hotel to relax and spend time together, I kept thinking about that stipulation that Hunter brought up tonight. This WrestleMania moment was important to me since my mother and father would be in attendance in the front row during my match against Brock Lesnar.

I let out an uneasy sigh with my fingers running through my hair. Ashley sat down next to me and pressed her lips against my cheek, "What's wrong?"

"You know, that stipulation." I sighed, "What if I'm not able to main event WrestleMania? That was my dream growing up."

"Roman?" She huffed, "What did I say?"

"That I shouldn't let the authority bother me."

"Bingo. You've been in this business longer than me. Actually, a few years to be exact; and you shouldn't let a couple of goons belittle you around and tell you stipulations that are unfair. You won the Royal Rumble. You'll beat Daniel Bryan and main event WrestleMania."

I grinned, "Thanks, Ashley. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Of course! But would you want to go out and eat?"

"I'd like that a lot, actually."

We went out to a fancy late-night restaurant and ordered some chicken-paella, another favorite meal of Ashley's, as we talked about how things were like before we met. To be honest with you, I felt more complete knowing I was with her as she motivated me throughout my struggles and was one of the most supportive girlfriends that I've ever had.

Smackdown - February 5, 2015

I was invited to be on Miz TV with Miz, Damien Sandow, and Daniel Bryan. Ashley motivated me to get my point across to the authority during Miz's show and to hold nothing back.

Miz and Damien came down the ramp. After making it to the ring, Miz commanded Damien to sit down at the announcer's table and stay quiet.

"Welcome to Miz TV!" Miz said as the crowd booed him.

He announced for me to come out and I looked around the crowd as usual. I remembered what Ashley told me and that was to not allow their words to run throughout my head.

"You're right, Michael. Roman Reigns does not look like..." Lawler paused.

I couldn't hold back and I hit Miz with the Superman Punch as Lawler and Michael Cole both shouted. "SUPERMAN PUNCH!"

"Miz TV is canceled! For what?" Michael added.

I picked up Miz's microphone and looked Daniel Bryan in the eyes, "I went through twenty-nine superstars to win the Royal Rumble to get to this point right now. And I don't have any problem going through one more."

Daniel looked down at the ground, feeling defeated while I stared him down like a hawk.

"Because, I'm going to WrestleMania. I am fighting Brock Lesnar, and I'm going to win."

Daniel laughed, "Would you like to know how I'm gonna do that? I'm going to beat you at Fastlane."

My blood began boiling when I heard Seth's entrance come on. He made his way out to the ring and holding his Money in the Bank briefcase whilst having his goons, J&J security, alongside him.

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen. I really hate to be a party pooper; but well, it's kind of my thing actually, and besides, I have a bone to pick with the both of you. You see, Daniel Bryan, " He paused when he heard the crowd telling him that he sucked, "Daniel, you know as well as all of you people know, that last Monday on Raw, I was on the verge of defeating you; punching my ticket to Fastlane and eventually the main event of WrestleMania."

The crowd began to heavily boo Seth to where it made both Daniel and I laugh at him.

"But I was not victorious, and you know why? Do you know why? It's because that jerk in the ring next to you, Roman Reigns, tried to stick his nose in my business!"

I started grinning and crossing my arms, subbing him. Seth began throwing a small temper tantrum at the ramp over my actions from last week. It was quite hilarious, to say the least.

"Roman, you sucker-punched me because you are a coward and you don't have the guts to face me one-on-one like a man!"

I laughed at him once more and his blood started to boil.

"Hey, and you know what? I get that if I were you, I wouldn't want to face me either after the roll I've been on lately. Are you kidding me? In case you forgot, I'm the guy who singlehandedly brought back the authority. Oh, I almost slayed the beast, Brock Lesnar, himself at the Royal Rumble; and you know what? It doesn't matter what happens at Fastlane, and it honestly doesn't matter what happens at WrestleMania; because I, and I alone, hold the future in my hands." He held up his briefcase, leaving Daniel and I glaring over at him with annoyance.

With the way he was talking, it sounded to me like he was subtly hinting that he was going to cost me my win at WrestleMania, and I wouldn't allow that to happen.

Later that night, I was told I had a match against The Miz as he was ticked off at me for punching him across the head earlier tonight. He deserved it, after all.

Making my way down to the ring, Miz immediately attacked me and my entrance music stopped. He shoved me into the steel steps. He pushed one of the referees out of the way and he began yelling at me as the referee pulled us apart in order for the match to start.

I slowly made my way back into the ring and the referee was concerned. Miz tried throwing me into the ring post and I hit him with a clothesline. I was starting to feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins and I threw him into the ring post whilst kicking him in the ribs.

I picked him up and kept slamming him against the ring posts as he tried to kick me. I kept knocking him down until he wisely rolled out of the ring. I ran to the announcer's table and Clotheslined him, watching as he hit the ground with a smile on my face. Miz tried putting me into a hold and I quickly reversed. In the meantime, I stood back up and knocked him down again. I kept reversing him as he tried pulling the DDT on me, but to no avail.

I picked up Miz and performed the Samoan Drop. I felt like the match was about to end any second and prepared for the Superman Punch and hit him across the head once again followed-up with a Spear and finally got the pinfall. I stood victorious and went backstage to get some water and relax while waiting to see Ashley.