Chapter 68) Deep Regrets

After the police left the hotel room a few hours later, I seen Ashley lying down on the couch, fast asleep. I looked over at Ambrose and I felt terrible on the inside because I just had to have a workout session and left her alone. I feel like I'm to blame because I didn't protect her like I should've been doing lately.

"Hey man, I need some time to myself."

"Alright brother, if you need me I'll be here for you."

"Aight."

It was just Ashley and I in this small room together. I looked down to seeing her hair covering her face and her body was trembling. I brought out a small blanket from my backpack and wrapped it over her body, moving the hair from her face and placed a kiss upon her forehead like before.

"I'm such a terrible boyfriend. I honestly cannot do anything right." I said, quietly.

I kept looking down at the woman I loved and knowing that she was violently raped by someone with whom we couldn't stand. It really shot through my heart. This wasn't Ashley's fault. If anything, it was mine.

I couldn't really imagine the pain she's feeling on the inside. I walked outside of the hotel and I felt like pure shit from the inside out. After everything that's happened with almost losing her twice to a coma, to hearing the news that Seth raped her, I broke down in private.

 After everything that's happened with almost losing her twice to a coma, to hearing the news that Seth raped her, I broke down in private

This whole authority management has corrupted him and turned him into somebody that we never knew existed. Even before he signed with the WWE back when we were all in FCW a few years ago before it became NXT, I never knew how much of a monster he truly was until after The Shield had broken up. Not only that, but how he treated my girlfriend many years ago before we met. When I met Ashley one-year-ago, I had no idea that they used to be close to each other in their childhoods. How could one person allow popularity, money, and fame get in the way of those who cared about him? Ambrose and I treated Seth like he was our own brother when nobody else wanted nothing to do with him. And all that Ashley wanted was a friend back then.

Ever since the authority has been taking over this company for the past year, it's been hectic for all of us. The only one who actually had any sense was Vince, but part of me doesn't feel like I could trust him at this point. He forced me to work here and there when Ashley was on the brink of death in the hospital, knowing I wasn't right in the head at the time. My mental status was in overload.

I remember being unable to eat, drink, sleep, or let alone have the motivation to work. Even threatening my job if I didn't come to work to do a small interview with Saxton because of me worrying whether or not my girl was dying in the hospital bed. I was terrified to leave her side.

These thoughts over the past year have been very overwhelming and I don't know what I'm gonna do with putting an end to the authority. Hunter and Stephanie basically own this company and Vince is allowing them to do anything they want to their employees. Somehow, they don't want Ashley and I together and I couldn't put the pieces together.

We wasn't harming anyone. We were just trying to enjoy our lives together and also make something out of our careers, too. The authority has always had a personal vendetta against me; although the same questions ran throughout my head.

Why? Why me? Why Ashley and I?

It was stressful. I looked up at the ceiling and still remained deep into thought about how we were going to put an end to the authority, once in for all. But how?

And it wasn't just us being targeted. Daniel, Ambrose, Dolph, Miz, and even John Cena were being targeted, too. Over the past year since the authority has taken over the WWE, I've watched as many of my co-workers went downhill and lost their opportunities to shine.

I continued to remain isolated for awhile longer, feeling guilty and leaving Ashley to herself. I had serious regret when it came to working out at the gym. I should have brought her with me, but I never wanted her to assume that I was controlling her.

It was tough, watching the woman I loved most in this cruel world having to suffer in the hands of someone that she was once close to; who I was also close with a few years ago.

The whole situation was maddening. I stood around and felt defeated all night long after seeing Ashley in a vulnerable situation. I was hoping for the best that the police would put an end to Seth, and the entire authority, as soon as possible.

After I managed to bring myself back together, I went back into the room and held Ashley close to my embrace before I closed my eyes and slowly drifted to sleep.

The following morning, I opened my eyes to hearing my phones alarm going off. I managed to sleep for roughly three hours. I felt very groggy and exhausted all throughout my body. I looked over to the side and seen Ashley peacefully asleep with a smile on her face. I leaned down and pressed my lips against hers in attempt to wake her up from her slumber; and seen those beautiful, emerald eyes looking into mine.

"Good morning, Roman." She says, rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" I asked.

"Kinda. I'm still feeling terrible about last night."

"Nah, don't. It wasn't your fault and Seth's getting arrested here pretty soon which is the best news we could ever receive right now."

"I sure hope so." She sighed, "I just want him gone."

"Me too. However, we have some time to spare and I was wondering if you'd want me to cook you some breakfast again."

"Sure, I guess."

I made my way into the kitchen and prepared some bacon, eggs, and panikeke for breakfast. It always brought a warm smile to my face when I seen her enjoying my cooking, just like from the very beginning when we first started dating. After we had breakfast, we had a normal morning until we heard police sirens and police cars surrounding the hotel and tons of shouting from across the building.