Chapter 11) Please, Don't Worry

The following morning, the alarm went off for us to get ready for the gym at eight in the morning. I opened my eyes and Roman wasn't beside me. The bed was empty and I didn't know where he was. I started to grow anxious. I heard footsteps quietly walking inside the room and to my surprise, he was standing around the kitchen with his hands behind his back.

"Roman?"

"Oh, hey."

I looked at him with suspicion, "What's that behind your back?"

"You'll find out shortly. It's a little surprise that I had planned out."

I went to the other room and heard him wrapping something like it was a present, but it wasn't anywhere close to my birthday or Christmas. In the meantime, I glanced down at my phone and checked my social media until I heard him calling for me, "Hey Ashley, you can come back in."

I walked in and seen a present lying on the table. He smiled at me. Confused, I walked towards it and sat down in the chair to seeing the perfectly wrapped present in front of me.

"It's okay, open it."

I opened the present and seen the prettiest ring contained in a small box with a box of Yves Saint Laurent perfume, a small note written underneath with huge bouquet of flowers down with the presents to finish it off. I picked up the note and read it carefully.

"Ashley, I'm so thankful that you're my girlfriend and I've felt happier with you beside me. I'm so glad that I talked to you when I did in the beginning. I love you so much and I hope these presents make you smile. I've always been in love with that beautiful smile of yours ever since the night we met; and I just wanted to make your day. It doesn't end here, you'll have to wait until tonight.

Love, Roman."

"That was a beautiful message, Roman."

He crooked a smile, "Want to know what this ring is about?"

"Are you asking me to marry you already?"

He shook his head. "Nope. It's a promise ring that we'll always be there for each other throughout anything. Even on our happiest and darkest moments."

I began to shed a small tear as Roman pulled me into his warm embrace, "Are you excited for tonight?"

"What's tonight?" I asked.

"You'll just have to wait and see." He chuckled and planted a kiss on my cheek. Suddenly, his phone started vibrating and it was from our boss, Vince McMahon.

"Hold on, babe. I need to take this phone call." He said, walking into the other room, "Hello? Vince? Oh, I have to come to work tomorrow. Alright. I'll talk to you soon."

I listened to Roman speaking to Vince on the phone. He came back into the room looking flustered in the face with furrowed eyebrows.

"What's wrong, babe?" I asked.

"Vince wants me to come in for a meeting tomorrow apparently. Hopefully I didn't do anything this time to cause trouble."

"That's alright." I paused, "Do you think we should hit the gym in a few minutes?"

"Yeah. I just need to get something to eat before we drive over there." He sat down on the couch next to me, holding my hand.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked.

"I have an idea!" He said, walking into the kitchen and started cooking.

I didn't know what he was cooking, but it smelled delicious. He brought in a plate that looked like a small, round pancake with more of an incredible smell to it.

"I'm sure you don't know what Panikeke is, right?" He asked.

"Panikeke? I've never heard of the name before. What is it?"

"It's pretty much what we call a pancake in Samoan."

"It smells really delicious, mind if I try a bite?"

"Of course. After all, I cooked it for you." He smiled.

I picked up the small, round pancake as I took my first bite and I loved the taste of it. I looked at Roman with approval, "This is delicious, babe."

After we ate, we drove to the gym and checked in. We decided on being next to each other while we began lifting weights and working on our upper and lower bodies. Roman began working with his chest as he lifted weights that were two-hundred pounds while I continued working with my arms with simple pull-ups and push-ups.

When we finished working out, we went to shower and met up afterwards. Roman wanted Dean to hang out with us to go shopping and started to call him on the phone. "Ambrose, are you free to hang out?"

"Sure, but I have to probably bail soon since Renee is wanting to also hang out with me soon. I feel like we got something going on," Dean said with excitement.

"Alright, we'll wait for you outside the mall. Be here within five minutes or we're going inside without you."

After fifteen minutes passed, we made it to the mall and waited for Dean to arrive.

"I finally made it." He closed his vehicles door, "You buttheads wouldn't actually abandon me, right?"

"Nah, well, maybe."

"You're an asshole."

"Ha-Ha. You're the bigger asshole." He teased.

I tried to keep a straight face walking into the mall, but the way Dean and Roman messed around made me laugh; because they acted like little children fighting over a piece of candy.

We walked into a few clothing stores. I bought myself some nice Hollister, Nike, and Gucci shirts while Roman bought some Jordan and Nike shirts. Even some new Air Jordan shoes. Dean stood there and watched us with confusion. He never bought expensive-branded clothing like Roman and I do. If anything, he preferred the simple clothing that didn't need logos on the shirt or designer pants. He was classy and preferred old fashioned items.

"You guys literally spend a thousand dollars for just a few shirts because they're popular."

We both laughed while Dean just shrugged our laughter off from his shoulders. Roman, Dean, and I insisted on visiting another part of the mall that included a huge booth that made the most delicious food, and another half of the place was an arcade.

I walked into the arcade with Roman and we played a few of the classic games such as Pacman and Donkey Kong. He ended up beating me on every level.

"You're an asshole for that, Roman!"

"You love me though, sweetheart. Even when I beat your ass at video games, huh?" He started laughing at the fact I was getting frustrated over a small loss in a game while I jokingly furrowed my eyebrows at him.

I was having an incredible time with Roman and Dean at the mall. Suddenly, I needed to fix my makeup since it was beginning to look smudged. That always bothered me, even if the product said waterproof on them. False advertising, if anything.

"I'll be back in a few minutes. I need to reapply my makeup since it's smudging."

"Alright, baby."

I walked into the bathroom and began fixing my makeup and then my hair. He still had something planned for tonight and I was curious as to what he was planning. Was it a surprise date? A proposal even though he said it was too early? I was unsure, but I was excited to see what was going to happen tonight.

I finally fixed my makeup and left the bathroom. Before I could make my way back to Roman and Dean, I felt someone grab me from behind and began covering my mouth. I squirmed as much as I could but to no avail. I couldn't escape their grip and they ran off with me outside of the mall.

I was terrified for my life.