Chapter 19) The Royal Rumble

Today was the day that the Royal Rumble finally arrived. Everyone from the fans, to the incredible talents of the company, were excited for this night. Ashley and I arrived to the arena shortly after we had our mini vacation for a couple of days.

We quickly got a workout finished at the gym and ate some lunch before we made it to the arena. However, nobody knew I was winning the match tonight besides Vince, and that meant I was keeping my championship for awhile longer than expected. We met with Ambrose and Renee for a moment before we all focused strictly on tonight.

It was only a couple of hours away from the Rumble as Ashley and I conversed with many of the other superstars and dressed into our attires. I had a feeling that Ashley might become the Divas Champion tonight while I'm winning the Royal Rumble. Wouldn't that be amazing? I couldn't wait to witness how the crowd would react to my victory. Whether it was cheers or boos, I was still grateful to receive a crowd reaction. A few minutes passed and I watched John Cena approach me with a smile.

"Hey!"

"Hey John. What's up?" I asked.

"Are you guys excited about tonight?"

"Of course! Good luck against Lesnar and Seth tonight."

"Thank you, Roman." He paused, "Um, I need to ask you something real quick before we get ready for tonight."

"Sure, man. What's up?"

"About your girlfriend. Why does Seth hate her so much? A couple of weeks ago, he pinned me against the wall wondering where you two were at. What was that all about?"

"To be honest with you, John, I don't know." I lied, "I assume he's jealous of me having a beautiful woman like her, perhaps."

"That's a possibility. I'll make sure to beat the crap out of him tonight for you and Ashley."

"I'd gladly appreciate it, John. Go out there and kick some ass for me, huh?"

I walked to the locker-room and leaned down, pouring water down my head and said a small prayer before the Rumble officially began. Ashley was with her friends until her match tonight. I focused and prepared for the biggest match of my career so far. I was uneasy, nervous, anxious even; and I didn't know how the crowd would react to me winning.

My cousins, Jimmy and Jey, came up to me while I was preparing in the locker-room and patted me on the back. "You got this, Uce." Jimmy said.

"Thanks guys. Wish me luck out there. I'm going to need it." I smiled.

The Pay-Per-View started and kicking off the show was The New Day vs Adam Rose, Cesaro and Tyson Kidd for an elimination match. I observed the match closely. After, the next match between the New Age Outlaws vs The Ascension happened. Then it was finally time for the Divas Championship match as I watched my girlfriend finally make her entrance against Charlotte Flair for the championship. Ashley took her down with a Running Knee and then started hitting her in the face, landing Clotheslines while following up with a Spear and pinned her for the Divas Championship.

"And the new WWE Divas Champion, Ashley Kay!" I watched her grab the title and looked at the camera with a smile that reached from ear-to-ear.

I couldn't resist and ran out to the ring and congratulate her in front of the WWE Universe. Not many people knew about our relationship together and I wanted to make it public.

The crowd gushed over our relationship as my lips began to press against hers. I pulled back and brought the microphone towards my mouth, "I'm so proud of you baby. You were incredible tonight, and these people in this arena and the ones sitting at home can say the same!" I said, hearing the crowd go insane for the both of us.