Chapter 23) Meeting Roman's Family

Ashley
I was so excited to meet Roman's family later today! I was unsure if they would've liked me or not. I started packing our belongings while Roman was on the other side of the hotel talking with Dean about us leaving for a few days and that we would be back to work on Monday. When it came to Roman's slight injury from last night, he was doing much better than before.

I fixed my hair and painted my nails. Then I heard knocking on the door, "Ashley, we have to hurry and head over to the airport right away!" Said Roman.

"Alright, I got our stuff packed, and I'll be out in just a minute!"

I opened the door and seen that he had his luggage along with mine. Thirty minutes later, we prepared to drive over to the airport to board our flight to Pensacola, Florida. As nervous as I was, I knew that being with Roman and his family would make everything much easier.

Arriving to the airport, Roman and I grabbed our luggage and boarded the plane. We sat down together in the back of the plane and laid back in our chairs. We glanced out the window, seeing the clouds, the buildings that looked small from afar, and the people looked like tiny bugs.

"They look like tiny little ants, don't they?" I asked.

"They really do." He grinned. "Are you excited to meet my family soon?"

"Of course I am, I feel like they'll love me." I looked concerned in the face and looked back at him, "Won't they?"

"Of course they will."

While the plane was landing, Roman and I waited for the signal that we were able to leave the plane and obtain our luggage. The closer we were to his house, the more nervous I kept feeling. Roman looked around until we found an Uber that could drive us to his home.

"Hey, excuse me."

"Hel-" The Uber said as he looked at Roman and I.

"Are you the Ashley Kay and Roman Reigns from WWE?" He asked with widened eyes.

"Yes, we are!" I said.

The man was quick enough to pull out his phone and he took a picture with us.

"It's such an honor to meet the both of you, I'll drive you anywhere!"

"Ashley and I were heading over to my house and it's over here at-"

As Roman was telling the Uber where his home located, I looked out the window and started feeling anxious on the inside. I was always used to being judged at first sight when it came to my appearance and how bashful I was towards others in my past. I kept overthinking that Roman's family wouldn't like me after they took a first glimpse at me and think I wasn't good enough for their son.

I kept quiet until we started getting closer to his home. Roman quickly realized my silence, "Is everything alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm just overthinking again." I looked down at my feet. I felt his hand underneath my chin while his eyes met with mine.

"There's nothing to be nervous about. My family will love you no matter what, baby."

"You're right. I just keep remembering the experiences I had in my past with a man named Tyler. His entire family hated me because I was different and not like the other women. And eventually, he gave-up and dumped me."

Roman looked into my eyes and pressed his lips against mine. The Uber, however, couldn't help but to gush over how cute we were in front of him.

"Ashley. I've told you many times that you're perfect to me; and nothing could ever change my outlook on you. I'm not like Tyler; my family is loving and very accepting."