Chapter 21) Vengeance

That bastard put his hands on my girl and kissed her. At this point, I didn't care about the repercussions that I had to face, whether it was getting suspended or fired. I just wanted Ashley to feel better and not have to feel scared to be without me because of someone like Seth.

I cared about Ashley more than anyone else. I watched her lay in my arms as she was bawling her eyes out over what Seth had done. For someone who used to be close to her growing up, having someone turn on you and go back on their word is one of the most heartbreaking experiences that you could ever imagine.

I looked down at her and kissed the top of her head. I tried to comfort her in the best way possible. Ashley was the best girlfriend I've ever had and I couldn't wait to have her meet my family; hopefully that would help her through this traumatic experience.

Ever since I met Ashley the day she was getting ready to make her in-ring debut against Becky Lynch, I instantly fell in love with her. Ashley was very bashful towards me in the beginning, but now she's my lover and my best friend. I don't know what I would do without her.

While I was in a sudden trance, she spoke, "Roman?"

I looked down at her as she stopped crying, "Are you ever going to leave me?"

I ran my fingers through her hair. I shook my head, "Never. This is his fault, not yours."

"I still feel terrible for all of this. He had me in a hold that I couldn't escape from."

"Again, it's not your fault babe, I'll take care of this soon." I kissed her forehead softly. "For now. Rest up, baby." I reassured her once more as I felt my eyes beginning to slowly drop.

While we both fell asleep for the night, I couldn't wait for Seth to show his face around me; because I'm not letting him get away with this anymore.

The following morning, I heard the alarm going off as she groaned and didn't want to get up.

"Baby, it's time to wake up. We have Raw tonight." I said.

"Oh, I forgot all about that." She rubbed her eyes.

I chuckled, "Hurry up babe, we got a long day ahead of us."

Ashley took a few minutes and slowly crawled off the bed, "I don't know what I'm going to do tonight."

"What do you mean?"

"The fact that Seth kissed me. I feel like he's up to something."

"He's going to get it someday, possibly tonight. When he does, I don't think he'll want to come near you anymore."

RAW

I was getting ready for my promo after the Rumble and I had Renee making sure that Ashley would be alright while I was in the ring. I made my entrance as I heard the mixture of cheers and boo's circulating throughout the arena.

I looked around and began smiling due to the amount of reactions I kept receiving. "So, I defeated twenty-nine other men in the Royal Rumble last night, and I also retained my WWE World Heavyweight Championship. The authority thought they were going to take my championship away, but tough luck. I want to see one of you try to take it away from me. I'm not going down without a fight."

I heard Triple H come out and he looked at me with a devilish smile on his face.

"Roman, Roman, Roman. You're so full of yourself. Just because you retained your WWE World Heavyweight Championship doesn't mean anything special. You wouldn't have won the Royal Rumble last night if it wasn't for your cousin, The Rock." He said as the crowd went silent.

"Get your ass in the ring and shut up, Hunter." I laughed.

I looked at him awkwardly as he continued to run his mouth. "I'm not the one who you'll be facing tonight, I have a match for you right now against this man."

Kane walked down the ramp and I looked over at them with a heavy sigh. I handed my championship to the ring announcer and prepared to beat his ass once and for all.

He stepped inside the ring and tried Chokeslamming me like last night. I reversed and hit him with the Superman Punch while hitting him onto the ground with a Spear. Something inside of me portrayed Kane as Seth out of nowhere; and I stepped out of the ring to grab myself a steel chair and repeatedly hit him in the back without stopping. Security rushed out to stop me from hurting him more with the chair.

"Roman, stop this!" One of the security guards said.

"Why should I, huh?" I shouted whilst hitting them with the chair without a single ounce of remorse.

"If you don't stop, we're gonna have to make you leave the arena for tonight. We are not afraid to call the police!" They said.

I gazed at the steel chair and threw it on the ground in frustration. I walked backstage to hearing boos erupting from the crowd and went to grab a bottle of water. Suddenly, I heard Ashley and Renee running towards me.

"Roman! Are you alright?"

I sighed, "Yeah. I think my anger has been getting to me lately."

"Why are you feeling angry?" Renee said.

"It's due to personal reasons, Renee. I'm sorry, but I will tell you when we feel ready to."

"I understand. I'll see you both later." Renee said.

While Ashley and I made it back into the locker-room, she asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry if I scared you. Security was about to throw me out of the arena if I didn't stop beating the hell out of Kane. I kind of saw Kane as Seth and I couldn't stop myself. I'm so sorry, Ashley."

"Look, I know you're still unhappy about all of this, but I know he has what's coming to him sooner or later. Don't make things worse than it already is, babe," she said.

Thing is, Ashley didn't know I had something planned after SmackDown with hurting Seth. After everything he has caused and the fact he put his hands and lips on my girlfriend has caused me to feel a huge amount of anger that I couldn't control. I've never felt this way before. I was seeing red; I felt like beating his ass would stop if I showed him that I meant business.

We arrived back to the hotel a few hours later after I calmed down. I forgot that SmackDown was in the next couple of days. I didn't understand why I felt so angry after the match I had with Kane. I couldn't stand him because the authority was becoming stronger with each passing week. I had no idea what I had to do when it came to the authority imposing, but I was going to do my hardest to make sure that it happened.