Chapter 72) Pensacola, Florida

Ashley and I were finally on our flight to Pensacola, Florida. I haven't visited my hometown in months, and I couldn't wait to take her to this beautiful sunset that she hasn't seen since her coma. Arriving back to my hometown with Ashley and seeing my family for the first time in awhile was a breath of fresh air.

"I'm so happy that we're able to finally relax together."

"Me too." She grinned. "How long is our flight?"

"Roughly two hours."

"I cannot wait until we make it to your hometown."

"Me either." I replied.

We both remained silent while sitting next to each other inside of the plane and relaxed in our chairs with my fingers intertwined with hers.

I looked beside me to seeing a beautiful view of the clouds and the sun beaming down on the airplane through the window

I looked beside me to seeing a beautiful view of the clouds and the sun beaming down on the airplane through the window. It was breathtaking.

The entire plane ride was peaceful. No noises or hearing children screaming in the back. It was perfect and it wasn't long until the both of us made it to my hometown.

Upon arrival, we left the plane and taken our luggage to the Pensacola airport. After half of hour of waiting for our Uber, we started making our way to my home.

After we left the Uber and made it to my house, I helped Ashley with her luggage and walked with her to the door and rang the bell.

"Hello?" Said my mother from a distance as she was walking towards the door.

My mother opened the door to seeing Ashley and I with a couple of suitcases next to us.

"Oh my! I've missed you so much son!"

"I've missed you too, ma."

"I also see that Ashley's awake from her coma! Sweetie, how are you feeling?" She asked, pulling her into a hug.

"I'm sadly suffering with memory loss, but it's nice to see you, m'aam."

"Oh dear, let's get you kids inside."

The both of us walked inside and I seen that Ashley's eyes brightened up like a Christmas tree. She must have forgotten that my home was huge.

"Your home is so beautiful, Mrs–"

"Anoa'i, sweetheart."

"Mrs. Anoa'i, you have a lovely home. It looks familiar to me somehow."

"It does?" I said with a smile on my face.

"Yeah." She replied.

It was incredible that she slowly began to remember the smallest things about the past. It's like her memory loss is starting to fade away and her memory is becoming more clearer by the day.

We spent a few hours speaking with my parents. It felt great being able to spend time with my family and the woman I loved the most in this world. I remembered that I was going to show her the Pensacola Beach during the sunset and I had to make our conversation short.