Chapter 20) Trouble

While Ashley was still hanging out with her friends, I went to see how Ambrose was doing. He was exhausted after the Royal Rumble match along with myself. After I caught up with him, he was standing against the locker-room door and drinking some water.

"How are you holding up, Ambrose?"

"Feeling like shit, the usual." He groaned.

"Wanna go buy a beer?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's go."

Ambrose and I went to the vending machine and bought a couple cans of beer in the process. Then again, I had to check on my girlfriend after drinking one can of beer. Unfortunately, I started getting a bad feeling; like my heart had dropped, and I had no idea what was happening. I needed to trust my gut-instinct.

Ashley
While Roman went to check on Dean, I sat down with Paige and The Bellas and discussed my victory tonight, and how I was finally the champion of the diva's division. I was beyond proud of myself. And another thing, I haven't seen Renee for awhile since the Rumble started. I decided to wrap things up with the girls and went to look for her. I was unsure of Roman and Dean's whereabouts, but I knew that they were probably celebrating his Royal Rumble victory.

I walked down the area all alone. Then I heard footsteps behind me. I looked back and didn't see anyone and as I turned to the corner, I felt someone shove me against the wall with their hand around my neck while the other was around my arm.

"Ashley. It's so nice to see you again, sweetheart. Oh, and how is Roman?" Seth laughed.

"Leave me alone, Seth! I want nothing to do with you!"

"Shut up!" He glared into my eyes with his eyebrows furrowed.

"No! What the fuck is wrong with you? Why are you so biased against Roman? What did he ever do to you?" I shouted.

"For one thing, he took away the one woman I loved. I've known you longer than him, Ashley."

I looked confused, looking back at Seth while he was heavily breathing in anger.

"Loved?" I asked in confusion.

"Yeah, loved. I fucking loved you, Ashley!"

"Seth." I sighed. "Listen, I've never felt the same way back. I always seen you as my best friend back when we were young; who would always defend me when others would bully me. But now, you've become the bully. Why?"

"Because, I'm not letting anyone get in the way of my fame. You were nothing but the person who was holding me back but then again, I still loved you!"

"Seth, that doesn't make any sense. If I was holding you back so much, why did you still stay as my friend back then?"

"I was hoping to make you mine in the past when the timing was right. That bastard, Roman, someone who I betrayed for a reason a year ago stole you away from me!"

"Why betray him and Dean? They're not terrible people and they were nothing but loyal friends to you!"

He started chuckling after listening to my response. He leaned closer to my ear as I felt his hot breath against my neck.

"Guess what, Ashley?" He whispered in my ear, holding me into a tighter grip against the wall. He leaned forward and crashed his lips onto mine for a few seconds while his other hand began rubbing my cheek.

"Sweetheart. If you become my girlfriend tonight and join the authority, I will make all of your dreams come true." He said, "I'll give you anything your little heart desires."

"Seth! Leave me alone! I don't love you, and I never will!" I say, escaping his strong hold and slapped him across the face.

While I managed to escape his grasp, I couldn't believe he kissed me. I felt guilty because I never wanted this to happen. If Roman were to know, he would no longer want me in his life anymore because of something Seth purposefully done to me.

I went to the bathroom and finished crying so nobody would ask what happened. After, I wiped my tears and left the bathroom. Coincidentally, I seen Roman coming down the hallway as he looked at me with a smile, "Hey, I missed you."

I was absolutely speechless after what had happened. I attempted on acting like everything was alright, but I knew I couldn't fool him, "I missed you too."

"Talk to me." Roman said, sternly.

"Roman, I don't want to talk right now. Can we go back to the hotel?"

"Alright. I'll just tell Ambrose that I'm leaving and I'll talk to him tomorrow."

Roman was beginning to worry about me. I felt ashamed of myself even though Seth caused this. If I were to tell Roman, he could possibly leave me and that's what Seth would've wanted.

Roman
I realized that at the end of the the night, something wasn't right with Ashley; and I started to feel worried. She was silent the whole ride back to the hotel. Was she hiding something from me?

"Ashley? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Oh, it's nothing."

"Clearly it's something." I huffed, "Something must be wrong; because you were happy at the arena, and then all of a sudden, you were upset. Is something bothering you sweetheart?" I asked.

"Look, It's hard to explain." She stated whilst forming tears in her eyes.

"Well, I'm always here to listen to what you have to say."

"You wouldn't want to be my boyfriend anymore."

"What makes you say that?" I raised an eyebrow while looking down at her.

I was worried that she could have possibly cheated on me, but she would never do that. However, I reassured her that everything was going to be alright, looking into her eyes while rubbing her cheek with my thumb.

"I'm here, baby. I'm not going to be mad. I want the truth."

She looked down and buried her face into my chest.

"You see, Seth." She looked away from me.

I looked at her as my eyes widened.

"He what?"

"He kissed me and wanted me to become his girlfriend. And also wanted me to join the authority."

"You're serious?" I said with anger in my voice, "That bastard kissed you?"

"Roman, I didn't do this on purpose." She cried.

"I know you wouldn't. What even happened between you both?" I asked.

"When you went to check on Dean, I was finished talking to Paige and The Bellas and went to find Renee. While I was all alone, Seth crept up from behind and pinned me against the wall. Nobody was around and wanna know what he said to me? That he loved me for years! He leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine; and then proceeded to kiss my neck, telling me to leave you for him and join the authority. Why won't he leave me alone?"

"Are you being serious right now?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"I wouldn't lie to you."

She was right. She never would lie to me about these things. All I could feel at this moment was my blood beginning to boil.

"That was the last goddamn straw."