Chapter 83) I'm Onto You

Fast forward, the family cookout was incredible. I finally had the opportunity to show the entire family my soon-to-be wife, and had the chance to hang out with everyone that I haven't seen ever since I was a little boy.

However, I hated that I had to return to work for a small meeting in the morning. I had a bad feeling that they found out about Ashley and I getting Rollins sent to prison for everything that he's done to us, or that she fully remembers everything like before and Rollins snitched.

While Ashley and Ambrose were hanging out in the living room with my parents, I took myself a quick shower and was in deep thought about this meeting. Was Ashley and I going to be fired from the WWE? Is Seth being bailed out of prison because of us getting him thrown into prison for what he did to us? I didn't know until I met up with Vince tomorrow.

I finished my shower thirty minutes later and tied my hair into a low bun and worn a plain grey t-shirt with some NBA basketball shorts. I made my way downstairs to seeing my girlfriend and best friend still holding a conversation while my parents already went to sleep.

"What's up?" I said without emotion.

"Babe, are you okay?" Ashley asked, "You've been acting a little different ever since everyone left."

"Kinda."

"Take a seat, Rome." Ambrose insisted while patting the empty part of the couch, "Something's troubling you, isn't there?"

"Yeah." I sat down. "I had a great time during the family cookout, but the reason I had to leave off to myself for awhile was because Vince wanted to talk to me privately in a meeting tomorrow."

"You don't think that this is about Seth, do you?"

"I believe so."

"I sense trouble coming from them. I'm surprised if they don't even mention Seth and him being sent to prison; if anything." Ashley replied.

"I hope not, but I could possibly be getting fired and having my championship opportunity taken away from me."

"There's literally no reason for you to be stripped of your championship opportunity for having Seth sent to prison. What he did to us was disgusting and vile." She said.

"I know, but he's their little golden boy and it has me thinking that they're pissed about what happened." I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"I'm sure that it's probably not about our jobs or with Rollins

"I'm sure that it's probably not about our jobs or with Rollins. We just have to stay positive, babe."

"You're right." I said clearing my throat. "Let's just hope for the best tomorrow. I just hope that this doesn't involve our employment with the company or anything and it's just about my match against Brock Lesnar."

"I feel like Hunter and Vince are trying to get underneath your skin about this whole ordeal. I'm sure they would have enough common sense to not bail that scumbag out of prison for what his actions. Just let us know what happens after the meeting Rome, alright?" Ambrose said.