Chapter 70: A Surprising Birthday

Once I got to the library, I disillusioned myself so I could go to the Restricted Section. I had to research Horcruxes. I remember Dad mentioning it once, but it was obviously forbidden and insanely dark magic.

"Jackpot!" I whispered when I apporched the Dark Arts shelf. I levitated the book onto the shelf and flicked my wand to open it. "Just as I thought." Horcruxes are the Darkest kind of magic a person can do. Making a Horcrux ensures the maker cant die if the persons body is damaged. They encase a piece of their soul in an inanimate object.

As soon as I read my share, I went off to the ROR of Hidden Items. I sensed Dark Magic somewhere in that room and if I was right, a piece of the madmans soul was somewhere. I opened my mind and listened carefully.

I heard malicious thoughts and continued walking. The thoughts turned into screams, causing me to wince in pain. "Oh yea, its close."

I loked up and saw a dark blue crown with a raven on it. "Ravenclaws Lost Diadem!" I breathed in awe. I waved my wand to summon it.

When the crown landed in my hands, the dark thoughts were overwhelming. I summoned the case it came in and secured the dark object. Then I shrunk the case and pocketed it.

"Merlin!" I gasped before thinking of an exit to my shared room with Harry. A door materialized, i opened it carefully and peeked in. There was Harry asleep on the bed.

I opened my trunk and secured the Horcrux with spells only I can break.

The weeks were going by fast. In no time at all, I awoke on my birthday to find Harry showering me in kisses.

"Happy birthday Emma."

I blushed, "thanks. You should say the same to Ron."

"You are my wife."

"You cant abandon Ron on his day. No one knows today is my 17th and its going to stay that way." I kissed him. "Go celebrate with Ron. We can celebrate tonight."

"Umm...ok Emma. If you're sure."

"I am."

As soon as Harry left the room, I went to find Draco. I went to the ROR of Hidden Objects to wait for the bad boy.

To keep myself occupied, I practiced all my spells in my knowledge wandless. I had to sharpen my skills in case the time came that my wand was gone.

I gasped when the door opened, I let the apple I was levitating fall. Draco came in looking pale and gaunt.

"Morning Draco." I said cheerfully.

"Why are you here, Lupin?" Draco spat.

I raised an eyebrow. "You know why."

"I mean this bloody early! Sheesh, thought you'd be with Potter." Draco spat.

"Harry is celebrating Rons birthday with him. I will be spending the day with you." I replied

And so went on with all the repair spells I could provide. At times, Id cast the spells. But I had to be careful. If Draco knows the magical signatures spell, he could know who I was.

It was during a quiet moment before dinner, I caught Harrys thoughts.
Merlin, I hope Ginny and Ron will be ok after almost getting poisioned. 

Harry? What happened? My siblings were poisioned? I thought at once.

"Draco, I have to go. Ill be back tomorrow, same time." I stated slowly before running from the room.

As I made my way to the hospital wing, I collided with Hermione.

"Emily! Ron and Ginny have...."

"Been poisioned, I know. Doesnt matter how." I said quickly. I knew shed ask how. "I need to see them."

"Emily, the restraing order." Hermione protested.

"Screw it, Im the one who enacted it. The rules around the order has nothing against me going to them. Besides my secret has been eating me alive." I protested.

"Fine. I cant stop you." Hermione sighed.

We came in to find Ron and Ginny laying on beds beside each other, both unconscious.

"I uh....heard the news." I came in and gasped at seeing Harry and my whole family there, all looking grim.

"What are you doing here?" Dad asked.

"Wanted to see of these two are ok." I replied, keeping my distance.

"You are the last person I expected to see here." Mum stated.

"Despite what you think, I care for Ron and Ginny so much." I stated.

"Really?" Mum sneered. Its the usual expression when I was a slave.

Dad I see gasped softly.

"What happened?"

"Harry saved them, both of them. They drank some poisioned mead." Fred stated.

"Thank Merlin they're alive." I breathed.

"Im sorry about them. I see you and Harry belong together." Mum stated.

"Thank you Mrs. Weasley, it means a lot coming from you." I replied.

"I wish Emma was here." Dad said wistfully.

Fred and George sent me a look, but I glared in return. Not now. As soon as Ron and Ginny are discharged will my family know the truth.

Suddenly Ron and Ginnys eyes flickered open.

"What happened? I feel like I was stampeded by a hippogriff." Ron moaned.

"I feel like I fell a million feet." Ginny stated.

"Im glad you two are ok." I spoke causing the pair to gasp. "Relax, Im well outside the range, and I came to check in on you."

"Why?" Ginny spat.

I narrowed my eyes, "because I still care for both of you. I have a present for Ron...well all of you."

My family exchanged confused glances. "Fred, George and Harry, please stand next to me."

The trio of men came by my side. I cast the most powerful shield charm I could before speaking.

"Mum told you that Emma Weasley was killed by a monster. That is a lie, she lived the next 3 years in servitude. You see, Emma was attacked by a werewolf." I began.

Charlie, Bill and Dad all gasped as one. "No!"

"Where has Emma been if she survived the attack?" Ron spat.

"Right in front of you." I shot back waving my wand so my true self came through.

Everyone gasped.

"I am now of legal age, and I will never return to the Burrow. While its been a great home for all of you, it was hell for me. Now, I beg you not to judge Mum too harshly. She was scared Id attack any of you. She lost her older brothers to a werewolf and she couldnt bear to loose any of you." I sighed heavily.