Chapter 29: Dementor

Despite being in the castle this summer, Remus had made it fun. When the full moons had arrived, the two of us would allow the darkness to cover us as we ran wild along the grounds.

"Are you sure I have to Remus?" I groaned the morning classes were to start.

"Emily, come on. Surely you want to meet Harry on the train. I wont have you take your packed trunk, but an empty duplicate." Remus smirked.

"At least you are giving me some mercy." I sighed dramatically.

"Remember, Ill be patrolling the halls of the train. Lets go." Remus took my hand and lead me past the gate of Hogwarts. He spun away and I felt myself being pressed through a huge tube.

I opened my eyes to find myself on the platform. "I better go." I sent him.a smile.

"Yes. See you later." My uncle smiled before disapearing onto the train.

I walked along the platform looking around for my twin and Harry.

"Emily!" A voice called. I turned to find Hemione running towards me.

"Hey Hermione, have you seen the boys?" I asked.

"Yes, Ron wanted me to fetch you!" Hermione replied begore leading me onto the train. "Bad news though, we have to share a compartment."

"With who?" I asked hoping it wouldnt be with Remus. The two of us walked down to the compartment holding my twin and a man.

"New professor." Hermione opened the door.

Yep, next to the window is Remus, reading a newspaper. "Hello Professor Lupin."

Remus looked up and smiled at me. "Hi Emily."

Ron and Hermione exchanged nervous glances. "How do you know Emily?"

"He is my uncle." I shot Remus a smile.

Suddenly the door opened to Harry who sat down at once. He looked so worried, and I knew why.

"Harry, whats wrong?" Hermione asked.

"Another person is after me, but what else is new?" Harry chuckled.

"Harry, you know we will protect you." Remus stated drawing attention to himself.

Harrys head turned and he laughed, "I knew Sirius had a reason for not telling me about the new professor!"

"Surprise!" Remus laughed.

"So you know each other?" Hermione asked with narrowed eyes.

"Yes. Sirius and Uncle Remus are best friends." Harry smiled

"Thats cool!" Ron exclaimed.

Harry then went on about Bellatrix and Peter escaping from Askaban. How Peter is supposedly after Harry.

Before anything could be said, the train screeched to a halt.

"Why are we stopping?" Hermione asked.

I glanced at Remus who gave me a brief nod. "Just stay calm and everything will be ok."

Moments later, a dementor opened the door. Suddenly, I could hear Mum yelling that I will never ammount to anything. I felt so sad, it seemed impossible to summon my patronus.

What felt like hours later, a silver wolf emerged and chased the dementor out. I shook my head and collapsed into the seat behind me.

"Harry?"

"Harry?!"

I turned to find my boyfriend on the floor, unconscious. "What happened?"

"He passed out Emily!" Hermione whimpered.

"But, but why?" I sputtered.

No one answered as Harrys eyes flew open. I silently handed him his glasses. "Thank you. What was that?"

"A dementor that guards Askaban. They were looking for Bellatrix and Pettigrew." Remus answered.

With Ron and Hermione's help, Harry made it into the spot next to me.

"When the dementor came in, it looked as if you were having a fit or something. Thats when you collapsed." Ron explained.

"Professor Lupin waved his wand and a silver light banished the dementor from the room." Hetmione added.

I looked to Remus who was snapping apart a chocolate bar. He handed me a piece then did the same with everyone in the room.

"Go ahead and eat it. Its a remedy for those exposed to the dementors." I explained before stuffing the chocolate in my mouth.

"Excuse me please, Emily can you join me a moment?" Remus asked holding the compartment door open.

Feeling confused, I followed my guardian into a private car. "Whats going on?"

"I need to send an owl ahead for Harry, but are you ok? You stood there frozen lile a statue." Remus looked at me concerned.

My eyes filled with unwanted tears. "I heard Mum screaming at me."

"Shh, its ok. Remember, dememtors have us relive the worst monents in our lives. I wish I could do more for you, but..." Remus trailed off looking uncomfortable.

"I know, you cant play favorites, even with your niece. I'll be fine. I'll see you at school." I cut across.

Remus nodded before I left the vicinity.

I returned to my friends who were looking sombre. "Come on now, no need to be gloomy." I forced a smile onto my face.

"What happened to you Emily?" Ron asked obviously annoyed

"What are you talking about?" I asked trying to play dumb.

"Dont be thick, why did you freeze?" Ron spat.

I blinked in shock. "Not everyone had a stellar childhood like yours Ronald Weasley! I bet you didnt do a thing either, so back off!" I sat down next to Harry and refused to look at Ron for the rest of the trip.

"Is it true? Did you actually faint Scarhead. Ooh save me!!" Malfoy taunted when we arrived at the castle.

"Bet you werent so brave when the dementors came, now were you?" I snapped before leading Harry into the castle.

Ww were stopped outside the Great Hall by McGonagall. "Lupin, Granger, Potter come with me please."

Ron paused and turned to look at us.

"Move along Weasley."

McGonagall lead us up to her office. "Professor Lupin owled ahead saying you fell sick on tbe train, Mr. Potter."

"Professor, hes fine. It was a nasty shock to have dementors traveling with us." I cut in quickly.

"Ah, I see. Are you ok Miss Lupin?" McGonagall survayed me.

I nodded quickly.

"I see. Mr. Potter, please wait outside." McGonagall said quickly.

As soon as Harry was gone, did McGonagall open a drawer in her desk. She produced a time turner necklace, identical to the one I wear constantly.

"Now Miss Granger, you know the rules about turning back time." The professor warned.

"Yes, do not be seen. Is it ok that Emma-I mean Emily is here?" Hermione asked.

McGonagall smiled. "She is completely trustworthy. She has one of her own."

"You do?" Hermione asked shocked.

I smiled sheepishly, "guilty, werewolf transformations take a lot of energy. Uncle Remus didnt want me to fsll behind like he did."

McGonagall lead us bsck to the feast.