Chapter 12: Midnight Duel

"Look Hermione.." I began, but then my brother and Harry inturrupted us.

"...is if you die. But that only happens in real duels." Ron explained.

"Your going to duel Malfoy?!" Hermione demaned turning to Harry.

Harry shrugged, "why not? Sirius said not to get into trouble until after Halloween."

I laughed, "yep thats Sirius for you. Can I join? Id love to see a duel go down."

"Sure Emily, no problem." Ron smiled.

"Go ahead, I wont be a part of this!" Hermione hissed stomping away.

"Good thing." Ron spat in disgust then turned to me. "Whats life with without adventure eh Emily?"

"You're right Ron, come on, I believe its lunchtime." I smiled knowing my brother has anamalistic eating habits, like me. I spent half an hour after every meal at the Burrow cleaning his messes.

"Emily?" Harry asked when I stopped.

"Go ahead Ill catch up in a minute." I smiled while the trio turned to leave.

When they were gone, I willed myself not to loose control. After a few deep breaths, I regained my usual composure and joined my friends.

Deep down I was beating myself up for letting my emotions creep up. Ron is better off without his twin sister. My whole family is better off without me.

When I came into the Great Hall, I saw Ron knawing on a chicken leg. Hermione was trying to look anywhere else while Harry silently ignored the way my brother was eating.

"Tell me more about yourself Emily." Hermione said jolting me from my thoughts.

"Oh what do you want to know?" I asked acting a bit thick. I had the feeling shed be closing in on me soon.

Hermione shrugged, "your favorite food, color, subject that sort of thing."

I swallowed what I had in my mouth and cleared my throat. At this, I noticed Ron paused his eating to look at me. "I love aqua blue, shepards pie is amazing, subject is a tie between Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures. I used to study them all the time growing up. It would be so cool to be like Newt Scamander one day." I sighed. But first I had to deal with a certian red haired creature that treated me bad for two years.

"Newt is an interesting guy. But Mum says that wizard has his head in the clouds all the time, cant choose one creature to focus on, he does them all! But she says Charlie is so brave I.." Ron trailed off.

"Who is Charlie?" I asked.

"My older brother." Ron moaned.

"What does Charlie do?" Hermione asked.

"Hes in a dragon tamer in Romania." Ron shuddered. "I dont fancy being burned to a crisp."

"Most people dont." I replied. "I have to go." Quickly I left the table ignoring the stares I was recieving.

All these years of overhearing my families conversation, they never once said Charlie was working with dragons and in Romania of all places!

I growled in annoyance and stalked back to my room to sulk. I yearned to know what Bill is doing with his life.

I knew Charlie was one adventurer, but to tolerate the posibility of being burned alive...it takes guts.

"Emily, wait!" Hermione called.

I released a wolf like growl when she touched my shoulder. "What?!"

Hermione jumped back, her eyes wide. "Im sorry to catch you in a foul mood. Would you like me to wake you later for the duel?"