18. Forgive Me (Yeji)

Requested by: Yoda_TzuTzu

Genre: Angst

Warning: This oneshot contains themes related to suicide, so if this is a sensitive topic for you, I advise not to read this. As for the act itself, never, ever attempt such a thing. No matter how you may think, there is always hope, for you are not alone, and that there are a lot of people who can help you in your life.

I remember those times when we simply stood by each other, having nothing but the friendship that we had when we first met.

Your presence always brought warmth to my heart, and I can never forget how you always treat me as someone special.

"Here you go, Yeji-ah. I bought you some ice cream. I know it's not your favourite flavour, but I want you to try it too."

"Thanks, Y/N. You know that I can never say no to anything you give me."

"That's right. So, how are things at school?"

"It's hectic as always. Don't worry. I'm studying hard for our exams. Once I'm done, we can have a well-deserved vacation just by ourselves."

"Good to hear that. But don't push yourself too hard. Just study at your own pace, and I'm sure you'll do just fine. Do you want me to help you?"

"Thanks, but no thanks. I know you're busy with college, so I don't want to bother you. I'll be okay."

"Yeji-ah, you are never a bother to me. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me. We're friends, and it's only natural that we support each other."

"Thank you, oppa. I'll be sure to ask for your help when I need it. But I want to do the same for you."

"Just you being here with me is enough to brighten up my day. I hope we'll be like this forever."

"I hope so too, oppa. So, I'll see you on the weekend?"

"Sure. Again, good luck on your exams. I know you can do it."

Over time, my feelings for you became stronger, something more than friendship. I wanted nothing else but for you to be mine, but my fear of you not reciprocating my love got the better of me.

My friends started to notice it too. They all wanted me to have the courage to confess to you. Even now, I regret not taking their advice sooner when I had the chance.

"Yeji-ah, when are you going to confess to him? The way I see things, there's a good chance that he likes you as more than a friend."

"I don't know, Lia. I mean, he's always there for me, and I know that we're good friends. But, what if he only sees me like that and nothing more?"

"Believe me when I say this, unnie. The way he looks after you, promising you to always be there by your side. These are obvious signs that he likes you as well. Like you, maybe he's feeling the same, afraid that it may ruin your friendship should he decide to confess."

"You too, Ryujin-ah? I can't say that both of you are right, but you're not wrong either. Just give me some time to think about it."

"We understand how you feel Yeji, we both do. But the more you wait, the greater the chance that you'll lose him. If you want to confess, you have to do it right away. Tell him what you truly feel. Trust me, there will always be someone out there who will take him from you if you don't act now."

"I understand, thanks you two. I feel much better that we had this talk."

"Thank us later unnie, once you two are already official. We'll be waiting."