103. Wheelbase (Kim Jimin)

Requested By: EnergyMaker

Genre: Sports, Slice of Life

It's been a while since I made a oneshot, so I hope you'll like this story :)

"As you all know, Sir Isaac Newton made three laws that pertain to our understanding of motion. The first law states that an object will not move from its position unless a certain degree of force was applied in order for it to change its motion. This is a very important thing for all of us to understand, for this very law defines the very concept of motion itself. As for the other two laws, they simply compliment what the first one illustrates, and I can give you a good example of..."

As your teacher went about his discussion, the other students are struggling to pay attention to what he's talking about. Either they're sleepy because it's in the middle of a sunny afternoon or they are just uninterested in it.

On the other hand, you are having no trouble keeping up with his lecture, as you continue to attentively listen to him whilst jotting down some notes as well. Unlike the rest of your class, you are a very diligent guy who prefers to make the most out of your time at school by doing what is expected of you. That said, there are also times when you're just like them, although you tend to regret it soon after because of guilt and the feeling of being irresponsible.

After an hour, the bell began to ring, as everyone suddenly became lively again. Your teacher lets out a sigh before deciding to dismiss you, but not before giving you all a quick reminder that there will be a written examination about the topic next week. Despite this, no one seems to mind it at all, especially since all of you rely on peer studies in order to help each other out.

"Ugh, finally that class is over. It's not that I dislike him for his way of teaching, but Mr. Roh's style is far too traditional in my opinion. Don't you agree, Y/N?" Your classmate, Heeseung, said to you while walking together in the school corridors.

"It's okay, I understand what you mean. Even I feel bored of his lectures sometimes, but you know me. I always try my best to pay attention to him and the other teachers who're like him, so yeah."

"That's just like you, Y/N. Well at least I can always rely on you when it comes to preparing for quizzes, and that's good enough for me."

"Whatever you say. But I'm still waiting for you to fulfill that promise of yours, so don't you dare assume that I'd forgotten about it."

"Relax, I got it covered. It's part of our deal, remember? You'll help me study for our midterms next month, and in return, we're going to celebrate our success at that French restaurant. But only if I pass with flying colors."

"And if you don't?"

"Then my parents will give me one heck of a sermon, hehe. Even so, I'll still treat you to a meal a few days after, but not in that restaurant though."

"Right. So you'd better do your part and study then. I guess everything hinges on your success from here on."

"Exactly. But let's not think about it right now. I still have other responsibilities after all."

Shortly after, you reached the building where the school's gym is located. Heeseung took a deep breath before he headed inside to meet his teammates for today's basketball practice.

"So I'll see you tomorrow then, Heeseung-ah. I need to get going now."

"Of course you do. You still have to make good with your "other commitment", yes?"

"That's right. She's probably waiting for me already, so I need to go before she gets mad at me again."

"Then you should get going. I must say, you're really lucky to have someone like her, you know. But that only motivates me to try and find someone special too, for my sake."