57. Honeysuckle (Eunbi)

requested by: IrfanIsmail1

"Appa, why did you have to do something like this? You know how much I'm looking forward to my own plans this summer!" You said in anger, as your parents told you about their plans for you during your vacation.

"Y/N, I don't see any reason for you to refuse this. First, your eomma and I both know that you will like it there. After all, you always like to tinker when it comes to electronic gadgets. Second, we already put a lot of money into this, so the least you could do is to try and be enthusiastic about it." Your father told you.

"Your appa's right, Y/N. It's a highly educational event, and I'm sure you'll have fun in there. Do this for us, please." Your mother said pleadingly.

Being unable to persuade them, you eventually made up your mind about it.

"Fine, I guess I have no choice, appa. So uh, how long will the event be anyway?" You asked him.

"It will be held for three weeks to be exact. I'm sure time will pass by quickly once you're  there. If there's one thing I'm sure, it's that you won't get bored." Your father assured you.

"All right then. I'll hold you to it, appa. I guess it's time for me to prepare as soon as I can." You said as you went back to your room.

"Aish, that kid can be a real handful sometimes. Sure he's brilliant, but his attitude can be a real pain to deal with. I hope he'll be fine in there." Your father said as he shook his head in disappointment.

"You can say that dear, but you told me that you were also like that when you were his age." Your mother said as she chuckled.

"I know. He's a brilliant but a lazy kid. Aish, I do hope he'll meet someone there who can at least change him for the better."

"For that, I'm sure. He will change by the time he returns." Your mother said as they went upstairs to call it a night.

For years, your family, the Byuns, were always known to be geniuses, especially when it comes to science and robotics. As their son, you parents couldn't be any more proud as to how much you inherited their talents. From a young age, you were able to create your own designs ranging from simple machines to complicated engines and robots. With this, they know that you'll have a bright future ahead of you.

However, like everyone else, you also have your shortcomings. Despite your talents, you are also a lazy person, who makes it a habit to get things done at your own pace. For this, your parents tried to change this trait of yours, but ultimately, they weren't able to. Your unwillingness to listen to them eventually made them accept reality. But still, they haven't lost hope, for this plan of theirs made them believe that it would be a perfect way to change you for the better.

Today, you were taken for this year's annual summer camp, hosted by one of Korea's science academies. Inviting all young geniuses from all over the country, they have the goal to unite Korea's young hopefuls into a single community. The end goal would be for them to be willingly sharing their talents towards one another. The only difference is that unlike regular summer camps, this one is a bit special.

Those who would be participating in it would take part in a special activity, which is always related to science and technology. The theme is kept hidden until the event begins, so the participants have no idea what to expect. It may sound unfair, but the organizers consider it to be part of the reasons why this camp is unique and exciting.

Upon arriving at the venue, you let out a sigh upon seeing all the nerds gathered all over the place. Even though you share the same interests as them, you knew that you don't fit well with such a group. As you walk amongst the crowd, your ears were bombarded by the sounds of everyone talking to each other. You're not used to being in such an environment, for you always prefer to be alone. Paying no attention to anyone, you simply tried to find a good spot to wait until the event begins.