55. Hunter and Hunted (Yeojin)

Requested by: BabyWonyoungieee

Genre: Mystery, Action

Warning: may contain a moderate amount of violence in some parts

Author's Note: This is my first time writing a oneshot of this genre. I apologize if this would turn out to be not as good as the usual ones I make, though I'm hoping you guys would still enjoy reading it.

"This is.....quite a mess....." You said as you and the police had arrived at the National Museum of Korea.

As the other officers surrounded the building, you and a few others had managed to reach the atrium where the museum's prized relic was kept.

However, upon entering the area, you were greeted by a horrific sight.

You saw the whole room littered with corpses of the security team, whom you thought had tried to defend the relic from being stolen.

Shards of glass littered the floor, as the whole area was decimated by bullet holes and scratch marks, which you thought were made by an extremely sharp blade.

Despite being a private detective with a respectable amount of experience, you were still dumbfounded by something that seemed unusual within the room.

At the center of it all was the relic itself, seemingly untouched and intact while still inside the security case.

You thought that it would have been stolen by now, since you and the police had arrived a little too late after the museum sent a distress call. But it wasn't.

"I don't believe they're fools for not being able to steal the relic themselves, whoever they are. All these deaths would have been unnecessary if they really intended to steal it. So why weren't they're able to do so?" You said to yourself.

"Found anything, Y/N?" A senior officer said from behind, as the other police officers saluted him.

"I'm afraid not, Heechul-hyung. Well, the good news is, the relic's still here, but just in case, we'll have the curator check on it later to confirm that this is not a fake one." You told him.

"Very well. But that can wait, since we still need to investigate this whole scene for clues. But I'm glad you're here Y/N, if this incident involves them, then perhaps-"

"Suddenly, the two of you were interrupted by a sound of clashing blades, which you thought were coming from the rooftop.

"Hyung, did you hear that?"" You asked him.

"Yes I do. They must still be here. We'll keep this place locked so that no one gets in or out. Stay here, Y/N. You're not a police officer, so you shouldn't put yourself in harm's way, all right?"

"No, I have to do something. Whoever's up there, we have to act quickly to apprehend them. Sorry hyung, but I'm going to have to disagree with you in staying here." You said as you quickly ran towards the rooftop access.

"Wait, Y/N!" He said, but his words fell on deaf ears.

 "This is Chief Inspector Kim Heechul. I require any available units to head into the museum's rooftops immediately. Also, we need air support." Heechul said through the radio, as he prepares to follow you with a few officers as backup.

Meanwhile, a fierce duel was taking place at the museum's rooftops, with two cloaked figures wearing ornamented animal masks battling it out to the death.