44. Afraid (Jiho)

Requested by: JoJoFat

This oneshot is inspired by the song titled "It Just Is" by eaJ feat. Seori. I apologize that I wasn't able to provide a link for the song, but I hope you give it a listen as well when you have the chance. 

Y/N's POV

Have you ever thought to yourself that one day, you'll find yourself alone?

Because I did, and I wish that no one would be able to experience what I had before.

The pain of not being able to grasp what you want in your life, all because of one simple mistake.

I wish that fate would give me another chance, just to change who I am now.

But I know that such a thing is impossible.

After all, I can't blame anyone but myself.

For I was the one who cast aside that opportunity, which is something that I fully regret.

The time I had with you is what I would consider to be a wonderful memory.

It all began when I decided to move into a new home of my own.

Never would I expect that our friendship would begin in such an ordinary encounter.

Still, I only realized how meaningful it was every time I remember it these days.

"Where should we put this desk, sir?"

"Just put it on that side, along with the rest of the furniture."

"Yes, sir. We'll do as you say."

"Thank you. Here's a tip for all your hard work today."

"You don't have to, sir. This is just a part of our job."

"But I insist. Here, take it."

"Thank you very much sir. Have a good day."

Once the movers were gone, I gleefully looked at the new place that I bought.

I'm certain that nothing could make you happier than to finally having a place you could call home.

Before I could begin sorting out the things, I heard a knock on the door.

I was puzzled at first, thinking that the movers went back because they forgot something.

But how wrong I was.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw a girl with an angelic smile, who went to greet her new neighbor.

"Hi there!" She said, as I saw her holding a pot of a dish that she cooked.

"Oh, hello there. Is there anything I can do for you?" I asked her.

"No,silly! I'm just here to welcome you, our new neighbor. I hope we can get along!"

"I see. How nice of you to greet me, miss..."

"Oh I'm sorry. My name is Kim Jiho. It's a pleasure to meet you, umm..."