98. Would You Rather... (Mia/Sihyeon)

Requested by: LockyPuckyHucky

Genre: Angst and Fluff

One ordinary afternoon, you and your friend Joshua decided to spend the rest of the day together, at least until night comes. It was also the weekend, which gave you plenty of options on how not to feel bored while waiting for the sun to set.

Moreover, this day is a lot more special for you, as soon you'll be having a private dinner with your fiancee, and that you know she's looking forward to it.

But until then, you still have some room to unwind, which you truly deserve after you spent the entire week at work.

Silence filled the mansion's terrace, as you and Joshua are both in the middle of a chess match. From your point of view, it's easy to notice how much tension he's feeling as you know all too well that there's nothing else he can do to counter your last move.

As he wiped the drops of sweat from his forehead, you on the other hand are sitting comfortably in amusement as you watch him stare at the chessboard, looking for any possible move he can take in order to get the upper hand.

But alas, it is inevitable. Soon, he realized that all he can do is accept his bitter defeat, as he looked a little irritated when he saw the smug look on your face.

"Fine, I lost this one. Well played, Y/N. But mark my words, I'm going to beat you one of these days." He said as he took a sip of his wine as you shook hands.

"I'm looking forward to it then. At the very least, you took today's loss much better than before. Back then, you threw a tantrum at me when you lost the first time." You teased.

"Aish, you just have to remind me of that, huh? Okay, I was immature that time, but that's all in the past. Thanks to you, I'm learning to get better, and soon, I'll be the master."

"That sounded like a movie reference right there, but okay. Here, drink some more." You offered, as Joshua obliged to have another round.

"Why not? It's only wine, so there's no chance that either of us would get drunk. Besides, there's nothing like having a glass of wine while relaxing at my best friend's manor on a clear sunny afternoon. It's just perfect."

"Thanks. But I should be the one thanking you really. I'm afraid that the days when we have nothing else to think about other than our respective careers will be over. Soon I'll be entering a new chapter of my life, and that goes the same to you as well. By the way, it's not just ordinary wine. This is a vintage 1787 Chateau Lafite, and I'm sharing it with you as my own way of showing my appreciation."

"Wow, you're right. Thank you Y/N. Still, I can't imagine what you'd look like once you became a real father."

"Yah, you still think I'm not ready for that?"

"No, of course not. If anything, you're more mature than I am, Y/N. That said, I'm sure that you and she will have a good life together. As the best man in your wedding, I can say that with full confidence."

"Thank you, Joshua. That means a lot. Well then, let's have a toast."

"All right. Here's to the both of you. May you have a happy married life."

Both of you shared a drink one more time, as you took this moment to express your gratitude for having a friend like him at your side.

An hour had passed, and the two of you were starting to feel a little bored after talking for a while. It was then when Joshua suggested something.