93B. Triangle Part 2 (Chaeryeong/Ryujin)

Requested by:  savage_hunterz

Part 2 of this Itzy oneshot.

"Chaeryeong-ah, I know this might sound strange to you, but I'm the one who's feeling nervous right now. Isn't that weird?" Ryujin told her friend, as the two of them stood at the entrance of an empty classroom, where Y/N is waiting for her.

"Yah, you shouldn't feel like that, Ryujin-unnie! Where did all your confidence go? It pains me to say it, but yes, you're acting really strange today by being like this." Chaeryeong replied as she looked at Ryujin's face worryingly.

"I thought so too. What the heck is happening to me? I really shouldn't act like this now. After all, this is going to be a very important moment for me too. Breathe deep, Shin Ryujin. I know you can do this."

After a few more words of advice from Chaeryeong, Ryujin finally managed to calm her nerves, as they slowly opened the door to the classroom.

There they saw none other than Y/N himself, who is wearing traditional robes just for the interview itself, along with some other students who will be assisting Ryujin. Thanks in part to Chaeryeong, she was easily able to convince him to be the featured student for next month's issue, specifically the sports article.

Slowly, she went to greet him with a shy smile, as Y/N returned her gesture in the same manner. Soon after, they both sat face-to-face as everyone inside silently watch them.

"Ahem, thank you for allowing us to conduct an interview for our school's newspaper, Y/N-ssi. To be perfectly honest with you, most of the student body are eagerly waiting for you to be featured, even more so after you led your team to another successful tournament which happened recently." Ryujin began.

"Thank you. But that is only partially true of course, since everyone on the archery team had played a part towards gaining this achievement. We are all proud that we're able to take home the title once again, which was only possible through the support of everyone here." Y/N politely replied, as the other members of the newspaper club were impressed by how cordial and humble he spoke to her.

"I see. Well I'm sure that you and the rest of our school's archery team will be able to replicate this victory next year, and that we'll all be looking forward to it. Now then, I'm sure that my fellow members already showed you the set of questions that I'll be asking you for today, yes?"

"They did, and I believe that I can answer your questions well enough, Ryujin-ssi."

"Glad to hear it. Let's begin then. Firstly, let me take this chance to ask you about how you were inspired to become a practitioner of the art of the bow. Who or what encouraged you to take up archery?"

"That is a good question. One of the reasons that I was inspired to practice this sport is because of my father. His prowess with the bow was just one of the reasons why I was inspired to follow in his footsteps. Back when I started, he told me that traditional archery is not just about the sport, or the aptitude one should have for it, but most importantly, it's also a form of art and discipline, so it's not at all different from martial arts at all. That alone was enough for me to be fascinated by it, which led me to have a whole new level of appreciation for it as time went on."

"I must say, that story sounds very inspiring, Y/N-ssi. Thank you for sharing that. Now for my next question..."

As the interview continued, Chaeryeong and the rest of the students were all happily listening to the two of them. Some of them even began whispering amongst themselves with regards to the good chemistry that they have just from watching them talk to each other. Inevitably, this reached Chaeryeong's ears, as she then started to feel a mix of emotions the moment she heard their compliments.