65B. Journey To Your Heart Pt. 2 (Yujin)

Requested by: baguette020

"That's why we're I'm having a great time at school, Y/N-sunbaenim. Everyone there is really nice, especially Wonyoung. I suppose that's one of the reasons why she became my best friend." Yujin said as you listen to her while sitting next to each other in the bus.

"Wow, that's really nice. Good for you, Yujin-ah. She must be a very kind person through and through. I'm happy that you were able to have someone like her as your friend." You said to her.

"Yeah! But there are times when she nags too much at me, especially when it comes to school work. I know she means well, but the thing is, sometimes she overdoes it. For me, she can be annoying when she becomes like that." She said in a somewhat irritated manner, as you frowned upon hearing her words.

"You shouldn't say things like that, Yujin-ah. What you said was right, for she only cares about your performance at school. It's true that it could be a bit annoying when someone does that to you, but you should think about her reasons as to why she does so. Only a real friend would be like that to you, because they want you to succeed as much as they do." You said, which made Yujin feel a bit guilty about how she talked about her friend earlier.

"Yes you're right, sunbaenim. I should try to appreciate her more instead. Thank you for telling that to me. You know, if there's one thing that I can be really thankful to Wonyoung, it's that she always treats me to some mint chocolate ice cream whenever we pass our exams, or if something good happens at school. What about you, Y/N-sunbaenim? What kind of ice cream flavor do you like?" She suddenly asked you.

"Huh? Well if I really have to pick one, then I'd say cookies and cream. It's always been my favorite, if you must know. But I have to say, I really don't like mint chocolate so much. It's like the mint somehow gets in the way of you tasting the richness of the chocolate, but maybe that's just me." You said while trying to tease her.

"Yah, how could you not appreciate mint chocolate flavor like we do? Hmph. I think it's time I give you a firsthand lecture about how good it is. Who knows, maybe I can convince you to like it more."

"No, no, no, that's not necessary, Yujin-ah! I think we should talk about something else instead, so-"

"I disagree. Now then, try to listen to me as much as you can, sunbaenim." Yujin said with a big smirk on her face as she prepares to begin her "lecture" with you.

Thus, the entirety of the bus ride with Yujin ended up with her talking about ice cream and nothing else, although deep down, you were happy that she's now talking this much with you.

Before, the two of you were nothing but strangers to each other, yet by some unforeseen chances, you two were able to become friends.

You knew that both of you didn't expect something like that to happen, but then again, you're certain that she too, felt glad that you got acquainted with her.

With this, you couldn't be any happier that you're now talking to each other so easily, without any of the awkwardness that you initially felt the first time you spoke to her.

Not long after, the bus finally arrived at Yujin's stop, as she realized that her time with you today is about to end.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, sunbaenim. Did I at least manage to convince you about how awesome mint chocolate ice cream truly is?" She asked you again.