99A. Coreopsis Pt. 1 (Jiheon)

Requested by:  bronoplay

Genre: Angst

"Jiheon-ah, are you ready?"

"Yes eomma! I'll be right there!"

Jiheon hurriedly gathered her stuff, as her mother was already waiting for her downstairs. Making sure that she doesn't forget anything important, she double-checked the items on her bag like she had done so the previous night.

"Smartphone, check. Chewing gum, check. Sanitizer, check. Lipstick and perfume, check. Game console, check. All right, I'm all set." She said in glee, as she hurriedly went out of her room to join her mother.

"Sorry if I took so long, eomma. I was trying to make sure that I don't forget anything, and..."

"Aish, it's okay. If anything, I should be the one apologizing to you for having to help me with the shop today. I'm sure that you would prefer to hang out with your friends instead, but don't worry. Next week, you'll be free to enjoy the rest of your vacation, okay?" Jiheon's mother assured her, making Jiheon smile after what her mother just told her.

"Thanks, eomma. But really, it's fine. You know that I always liked gardening, so tending to flowers would be easy for me."

"That may be true, but still, even you will be surprised at how complicated flower arranging could be. But knowing you, I'm sure you'll like it too. Now then, let's get going."

"Sure!" Jiheon replied in glee, as she and her mother got inside the car en route to where their shop is.

It was the first day of summer vacation. For many students, it's a welcome respite after spending almost every day studying and focusing on their school activities. Even though Jiheon is already in college, it goes without saying that she too had a stressful first term. Months went by with her drowning herself with her textbooks and lecture notes, and she was overwhelmed by how difficult things were compared to her high school days.

But despite this, she has always been an optimist, preferring to anticipate the result of her hard work with great enthusiasm, much to the envy of her friends.

If one were to ask her peers to describe her as a person, then all of them would mention about Jiheon's cheerfulness, which can be seen almost every single day.

While her charms and friendly demeanor can be seen whenever she socializes with someone, her smile will never fail to make you do the same for reasons no one can explain.

In other words, her aura is full of positivity that will make a person feel enticed to get to know her more.

Each of her friends secretly vowed to protect her smile, and anyone who would dare to make her sad will answer to them firsthand. But thankfully, no one ever dared to make her cry, not even once. Perhaps one of the obvious explanations why no one did would be their own conscience, as only a very cruel individual would dare to see her drown in sorrow, but who knows.

As such, it would only be too obvious that a lot of people had fallen for her, and with good reason.

But to everyone's surprise, no one had managed to succeed with their confession, even those who truly admired her for who she is.

Why, you ask? Well there's only one reason, though only Jiheon herself knows it.

All this time, she promised to herself that the only one who deserves to be with her would be the very first person who will make her heart flutter.