85A. Apparition Part 1 (Jiu)

Requested by:  mlvpd_1411

Genres: Mild Horror, Supernatural, Action

It's my second Dreamcatcher oneshot, featuring my bias. There I said it. I won't take back my words this time, lol.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this one. Part 2 will drop later tonight or early tomorrow.

"Finally, I made it. Nothing really beats the great outdoors, especially when you're here in Jeju." A woman said, just as she exits the airport while waiting for her ride to arrive.

As she sat at the nearby bench to wait, her face soon gave out a smile the moment she saw the peaceful and clear skies above, a great sign that her 3-day vacation will indeed be a good and relaxing one.

However, she didn't have to wait for long when a silver sedan with her hotel's name on it had arrived to fetch her.

The driver of the vehicle went on to greet her, as she did the same.

"Welcome to Jeju Island, Ms. Kim. My name is Junseo, and it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm here to escort you to the Il Paradiso Hotel as instructed." He said.

"Thank you, Junseo-ssi. It's good to meet you too." She replied.

"All right then. Please allow me to assist you with your luggage first."

The man, Junseo, began to put all the luggage she brought with her inside the trunk while she got in the car, making herself comfortable at the back seat. Once he's done, Junseo went back to the driver's seat, ready to take her towards the hotel.

Along the way, he began to initiate a conversation with her, hoping that this will somehow alleviate her boredom while on the road.

"I'd imagine that you're looking forward to this vacation, Ms. Kim." He began.

"Yes, very much so. But to be honest, I wasn't even planning on having one, for I was too busy with my career back in Seoul. My friend was the one who arranged this holiday for me, telling me that I really needed one because I was working too hard."

"She has a good point, ma'am. Everyone needs to have some R&R once in a while, and what better way to do so than to have a real holiday here at Jeju Island. Your friend surely wants you to feel at ease, away from all the stress brought about by your work."

"You may be right. I can't thank her enough for this." She said, while thinking about the idle talk she had with her friend that led her to this moment.

"Here, Minji-unnie. As someone who cares about your well-being, I think that you deserve a real vacation for yourself. I mean, look at you. If you don't, no amount of makeup can hide those eye bags of yours." Her friend teased, just as she gave her a document containing a travel package tour for Jeju Island.

"Do I really look that bad? But Gahyeon-ah, I can't go on a holiday now. The company still needs me to finish this pending sales report by the end of this month. Plus I still have a lot of stuff left to do in our department, so-"

"Aish, why do you always talk about work all the time? You have to try and take care of yourself more. If you don't, then a lot of us are going to be more worried about you."