56A. Bittersweet Pt. 1 (Yujin/Yuna)

requested by: acehanyoung

Fun fact: This is the first time I'll be writing a oneshot with two members of different groups as the main characters. As long as I get more requests similar to this, then expect more of these in the future.  Happy reading.

"No! Please don't take away my money today! I won't be able buy lunch without it!"

"Do I look like I care? It's your fault for trying to forget that you owe me today, Y/N! Heck, this isn't even enough for me, since you still owe me a week's worth of homework to do!" The bully said, as he forcefully took your allowance for today. Unable to do anything, you simply gave up and started crying.

"Thank you for this, Y/N! I'll see you again tomorrow when I-"

He was unable to finish what he's saying, for he was suddenly hit by a thick textbook from behind.

"What the heck? Who did that?" He said, as he massages his head after being hit.

"I did." A girl's voice said to him.

The bully looked to where she is, only for him to start trembling in fear once he saw her.

"Y-you're....."

"If I were you, I'd give all that money you took from him right now. If you don't, then you'll leave me no choice but to force you to, and I mean it. What do you say?" The girl said with an intimidating voice, all the while showing him that she's ready to take him on just in case.

"A-all right. H-here Y/N, I-I'm sorry. I'll be leaving now." The bully said, as he returned your wallet back.

You on the other hand, were in shock after you saw him run away as quickly as he can.

The girl, who turned out to be your friend, Ahn Yujin, went towards you to check if you're all right.

"Did he hurt you, Y/N?" She quickly asked you.

"N-no he didn't. But if I try not to give him my money for today, then maybe he would have hit me or something. Umm, thanks, Yujin-ah." You said to her.

"Aish, it's fine. But come on, Y/N, sometimes you need to learn how to stand up for yourself. You do know that I can't protect you all the time. The bullies always like to pick on someone who's weak and won't fight back against them." Yujin said.

"I know, but I'm not like you! How am I going to be able to make them stay away from me like you do?" You answered.

"Good point. Hmm, let's see here. Okay, first, you look like a nerd with those eyeglasses. Second, you're as thin as a toothpick, so you don't have a chance to fight back against them for now. Finally, you easily give in to them, and that's why you've become their regular target. It looks like we're going to have to work on your image first." Yujin said as she helps you stand up.

"Really? But how are we going to do that?"

"You'll see. Leave everything to me, Y/N. Oh and by the way....."

Yujin then looks at you with a smile, as she rests her hands on your shoulders.

"Until that day comes, I promise that I'll always be here for you, okay? Think of me as your bodyguard, Y/N. As long as I'm here, none of them will dare to bully you like this again." Yujin said to you as she looks at you in the eyes.

At that moment, you realized how beautiful she is up close. She had been your childhood friend for many years, yet this is the first time you appreciated her looks. These thoughts made you blush right away, as you struggle to try and say something to her.