Chapter 61

"Guys?", I peeked into the small room.

"Good morniiing!", Veronica cheered.

"I know I don't have a session today but", I carefully walked in closing the door behind me, "I have big news.."

"Go on.. you look bubbly.."

I smiled and took in everyone's presence around me. Jane already smiling, Elijah sat with a little smirk. Katherine and Emily both delighted as well.

"Alex..", I waited.

"You found out? Who is she?", Veronica's eyes widened.

"My fiancèe.."

"No way!", "was this a prank all along?"

"Get out of here!", Veronica exclaimed.

"Am I supposed to act surprised?", Jane whispered.

"And.. um.."

"Ohhh", Emily looked at the ground, deep in thought, "that would make sense if she wanted you to remember-"

"Yeah, remember on her own?", Katherine piped in.

"That actually was a very stupid move because I don't remember anything..", I quipped.

The room was filled with laughter and amusement.

"So.. I just thought you guys deserved to know..", I spoke, happily, "and we're leaving tomorrow.."

"What!?", Jane exclaimed.

"And no, this is not the last time we're seeing each other. I'll be back in a few days.. to deal with the.."

"OHHH to be the hero of the town!", Elijah gushed, "whoop their asses, baby!"

"Yes.."

"Okay, okay, everybody calm down. Are you okay with Alex, right now?"

"Oh.. that's something I'm confused about too..", I chuckled, "I'm discussing that with Gloria later.. but.. Merry Christmas to all of you.."

My cheeks were red. I felt on cloud nine. My life wouldn't have been as cheerful as it was without my support group.

"Don't you dare forget us", Elijah spoke, softly, in our group hug.

"You guys are the only thing I remember, I-"

Everybody burst into laughter again.

-

"So Alex was my fiancèe all along..", I made my way into the hot seat as I cheered like a teenager.

"Congratulations..", Gloria mused.

Almost unsurprised..

My expression turned into that of confusion, "of course you knew.."

She sat in her formal attire with a cheeky grin.

"Of course you knew, you wicked monster", I giggled, "wait, was that why you were on her side the whole time time?"

"I was never on anyone's side. I only gave you different points to rationalise your thoughts.."

I nodded, thoughtfully.

"How are you otherwise?"

"Oh..", I would say I forget what otherwise is, it's always just processing information and thinking over my situation, nothing else.

"How did you take the information? Did you anticipate it?"

"Not exactly..", I sighed, "I fainted.. for the second time this month.."