Chapter 58

Rose's POV:

I dusted my hands against my jeans and marvelled at the fire I had started, "it really is Sagittarius.."

"We're not.. getting proper signal..", Alex waved the iPad in the air like a schoolgirl cheering with placards.

I laughed and sat next to her.

"What?"

"We could call Jane.. I don't know how we're gonna get out of this place", I sighed and rested my head on her shoulder.

Alex tapped into the phone while I inspected her bruised leg, wiping off the blood on her skin with the limited water.

"Hallo?", I heard Jane's groggy voice across the line.

Alex looked up at me, waiting for me to speak.

"Jane?"

"Yeah, Rose. What's up?"

"I'm sorry.. for calling at such an odd time but-"

Alex cut me off, "Sam and his men attacked and we had to escape through the basement. We're lost, hurt and stranded in a forest. We need your help!"

"What?", Jane groaned, waking up completely, "WHAT?"

"It's been countless hours. We don't know what's happening back home and we're quite a few miles away..", Alex spoke fast.

"What the fuck? Shit, wait.. do you - to call - police? How do I -", her voice started breaking with the signal.

"Hello?", Alex panicked, "Hey, hey, HEY!"

The call cut off.

"FUCK!"

Alex breathed, furiously.

"Hey, it's alright. Give it to me", I tried walking around for any change in signal.

"Rose..", Alex whispered, sadly.

I sighed in vain, and gave up.

"We can wait for morning..", Alex spoke softly.

I hugged her tightly, "I missed you.."

"I missed you too.."

I knew when she said she missed me she meant more than just a few hours..

"Ow..", Alex yelped.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry", I panicked and pulled away, my hands still hung around her neck.

"No, it's just..", she smiled, "I gotta pee.."

"What!", I started giggling.

"Stop.. it's not happening.."

"Shit..", I laughed more, "you gotta.."

"No, absolutely not happening.."

I looked around for a spot.

"Rose, we wait for morning.. stop!"

"Are you serious?"

Alex glared at me. I giggled continuously and rested my head on her shoulder.

"Don't SHAKE ME!"

"Oh my God", I smiled and pulled away, "okay, I sit here.."

Alex smiled and stared at the fire, embarrassed.

"I think I have a drink on me..", she searched her tour bag.

"Why do you carry drinks on you?", I spoke, amused.

"I'm one drunken poet.. flying over the rainbow like a unic- oh, there we go!"

I chuckled as memories of my drunken night flooded my head.