Chapter 92

Trigger warning: blood and gore

Alex's POV:

Too fatigued, I had sent Jamie to get my bike from Nicky's place. I waited at the door to thank him upon his return. The sun was unusually happy today.

He wasn't riding it when he appeared around the corner. Instead, dragging it on its wheels. I frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"Your tyres have been slashed", he parked it in front of the garage and I immediately kneeled to inspect it.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't find one repair shop in the vicinity that was open.."

The slash was deep enough for it to need servicing.

"Fucking hell, man! It's a whole ugly gash literally on the face of it.."

"I know", he sighed.

I looked up and into his eyes.

"I know", he spoke again.

I stood up in a blink and spoke through gritted teeth, "I can fine him.."

"Don't. He can leak the tapes.. you know that.."

"And, I have enough.. to destroy her life, post sentence.. - maybe, even now.. depends how you behave.."

"Besides, you can't prove he actually did this so don't risk it", his pitying eyes peered at me from behind his glasses, "by the way, congratulations about last night!"

"Don't pity me", I shook my head, "don't pity me Jamie.. don't do that.."

-

"Did Nicky call?", my lover interrupted my thought train.

"Not a message. I might visit her place. Do you mind?", I asked, politely. I wasn't feeling the best but the medicines had worked their bit. I could at least defend myself.

"Of course, I do. What the heck? You're not going to his place again unless you have people with you."

"Ugh fine.. I'll go with Skylar, is that fine?", I lied.

"Okay.."

Why was everyone worried about me? Why was Rose worried about me? I'm not sick.

I'm not fucking sick.

My grip tightened around the steering as I drove to Nicky-slash-Sam's. There was celebration all around, children played with the snow.

One of them hit his friend with a snowball, giggling.

It was rock instead for me.. I hurled it at Samuel's face and shoved him up the wall. Images flashed in my head.

The car stopped in front of his house. Only anger drove me.

The cool new year's breeze tickled my sides. The now fragile snow turned into nothingness under my feet.

My staff was back in my pocket, and my knife strapped under my sleeve. Oh, don't question how, I do these weird things all the time.

I wasn't familiar with what had gotten into me but I welcomed it nevertheless. I rang the bell instantly rather than nervously pondering at his door like last time.

I was going to ring again but the door finally opened to a girl I adored so much. Her blue eyes lit up as much as her earrings.

"ALEX! YOU'RE HERE!"

A tone I failed to recognise and an enthusiasm as invalid as my hallucinations.

"You're not real."

I walked past her and met his green pair of eyes.. smirk plastered over his face. My gut clenched as the smell of cigarettes hit my nose.