Chapter 12

"I'll be back by eight, I'll call you on the landline to check up, since you don't yet have a number. Eat well, and Benny, take care of everything, okay?"

"Yes!", Benny bowed.

Alex kissed me on the forehead, "take care", and she left for her full day out to explore the city.

"Eat well!", I yelled behind her. She waved back.

Guess, now I had the whole house and whole day to myself. It kinda sucked but- "oh, you guys have a TV too. That's great!"

I strode up the stairs and flopped onto the bed. I felt vulnerable even to myself at times. I'd have these intrusive thoughts like, someone's straddling me while I'm laying straight down. The thoughts caused me to involuntarily turn over and snuggle into a pillow beside me.

Could yoga help? What exactly sets the mind free?

I decided to do yoga. I did know some moves, while some I looked up on the internet. I didn't feel like much happened but of course, no medicine works at once.

It was only eleven in the morning. I remember last night wasn't as terrible. I don't remember having a dream but I do remember briefly waking up to Alex and I cuddling too close. I wasn't insecure, in fact, I liked it.

Alex had suggested writing out my thoughts in a journal so I could sort my mind out.

I sat on her table and pulled out a new notebook we bought yesterday. I asked Ben for some salad, cracked my knuckles and cracked on.

My name is Rose Adams. I'm twenty-two, and am currently living with Alexis Wilson.

I took a harder look at it and I felt like I was writing some horror movie journal. These are the kinds of diaries you find as a mystery solution to a chaos. At the pace at which my life is going at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into a horror movie.

I wasn't sure of my life either, so I thought I might as well leave a diary behind.

I moved in with her thre- moved in? I didn't move in with her, I was SOLD to her. Nevermind, I'll stay positive, she's not like others anyway- three days ago.

She only has a butler who stays in the house, his name is Benny. He is polite, I could say. Currently I know nothing about her friends or work life. I didn't even find her social media.

Oh- wait a second! I can list down all the things I remember, right? Maybe stuff will start making sense, then.

I woke up in a hospital. I was in a daze for about a day since I did. Nothing made sense. Who I was, where I was, why? Nothing made sense. The doctors and I came to the conclusion that I had lost all memory in the accident. What accident? Where? I don't know.

A guy showed up, actually. He seemed pretty disappointed at the fact that I couldn't remember anything. He tried to remind me he was my boyfriend. He was so nice to me, I believed him.

Waaiiiit a second. I mean Sam took about three days before losing his shit over me. What if Alex..?

"Oh, God, I'm done. I'm already done with this shit", I swore. I stared off into the distance for a while. Hundreds of thoughts passed through my head.

"God, I just want my fucking memory back! Fuck! Did I have a fucking family? DID I HAVE A PARENT?", I choked on my tears.

"Miss..", I heard Ben, behind me.

I was frustrated. I could do anything then. I turned to look at him. He looked nervous.. and I was pissed.

"Meet me downstairs", I turned away.

-

I was on my way to spill everything to this naive little dude. I needed a friend, very badly. And yes, he is little. Short and stout, absolutely harmless and polite.

The bell rang and Benny cautiously opened the door.

"Ye-"

"Open the fucking door, you-", his eyes met mine and we stopped dead in our tracks.

"I fucking knew it", he pushed Ben and strode straight up to me, in all his frenzy, "living the life now, huh?"

I squealed as he grabbed my hair. I couldn't push him away. He was heavy and strong. My long suppressed tears burst out.

"Please..", I pleaded. Only I knew what he could do to me, what he could put me through all over again. Every inch of my body trembled in fear.

"Where is your boy? Tell me where is your fucki-", he suddenly let me go and reached for his neck. Benny was behind him holding a huge cleaver to his throat.

"GET AWAY FROM HER", he screamed. Somehow in the chaos I had fallen to the ground and yet we were still on the stairs.

"Get away from ME, butcher", Victor said through gritted teeth. He tried pushing Ben down the stairs.

"I have the grip of a poultry man's on his chickens, young man", Ben dragged him down the stairs.

"Let me go", he warned in his hoarse voice.

"WHAT DO I DO?", my panic finally set in.

"Kick him in the nalgas!"

With all the strength and disgust I had in me, I kicked him in the balls.

"YOU FUCKING WHORE!", he screamed.

Benny dragged him to the door, and he kept shouting.

"I'LL CALL THE COPS!", I yelled in my last attempt to save things.

"NO", Benny yelled at me.

"I'll call the cops on you. I know what business you are in. I can easily frame your lad-"

The knife could almost cut through his skin but I was too terrified to react to anything.

Benny threw him out of the door and shut it. Latches were fastened, bolts were locked.

He turned to look at me, his eyes almost going red, and whispered just one word, "hide.."